Today I have a big announcement to share.
And that is that you can now enroll to my Flutter course on Udemy.
This has been in the making for a long time, and is now available for early access at a discounted price of $14.99.
This is launch plan for the course:
- March 2019: Course available by invitation only to my subscribers.
- May 2019: Course available with a password-protected link (early access)
- [When it’s ready]: Public launch on Udemy
By signing up today, you will have access to a lot of content already, with more coming in the next few months.
Before I tell you more about this course, I want to talk about the elephant in the room:
Do I really need a course to learn Flutter?
I have spent a lot of time thinking about this myself.
For a long time, I have been building apps and learning things along the way.
And I still believe in learning by doing. Choose a real problem, and solve it while learning the required languages, tools and APIs as needed.
Make no mistake. When you take a course, a lot of the hard problems have already been solved for you by the instructor.
However, a good course can guide you, teach you many things, and fast-track your learning.
About this course
This is the course that I wanted to have when I started with Flutter.
- It starts by covering the basics of Flutter and the Dart language.
- And it shows how to build a complete real-world app, starting from scratch.
- Each lesson builds on top of the previous one (source code included).
- Each section covers a different topic in-depth.
- What. Why. How. I always explain what we will build and why, and then how to build it.
- Important concepts are explained in detail with diagrams.
- There is a strong emphasis on best practices and writing modular, maintainable code.
This course will give you a deep understanding of how things work.
And you can take all this knowledge, and apply it to your own apps.
Don’t take my word for it — here is what some of my students are saying:
I wanted to make a course that is worth your time, and to do that I have put all my knowledge into it.
Already included in this course:
- Introduction to Dart
- Setup instructions for macOS and Windows
- Introduction to Flutter and widgets
- Building layouts
- Firebase authentication (anonymous, email & password, Google, Facebook)
- State management and app architecture (basic to advanced)
- Streams and building reactive apps
- Forms, input handling and validation
- Creating platform-aware widgets
- InheritedWidget and the Provider package
Planned and upcoming:
- Managing packages
- Databases and Cloud Firestore
- Testing widgets, blocs and streams with Unit and Widget tests and mockito
- And a lot more…
See the video announcement
How to enroll
To get access, visit the course page at this link. Note: this link includes both a coupon code (DART15) and a password (codingwithflutter):
This will show my course at a discounted price of $14.99 (coupon code: DART15):
Once you buy this, you will get access to my course and all upcoming material (over 20 hours planned).
I hope that you will join other students that are learning Flutter & Firebase with my course.
Thank you very much for reading, and enjoy my course!