Today I’m launching a new video about Input Validation and RegExp.
As part of this, I’ll give you an overview of regular expressions (regex) and how they works by using a live web regex validator.
Then we will see how to implement a Regex validator in Dart and integrate it with Flutter’s TextField widget, so that we can validate user input.
I will use a demo app to illustrate two sample use cases:
- Make a payment (numeric validator with 2 decimal digits, 4 non-decimal digits)
- Forgot password (email input validation)
- What is Regex and how to use it.
- Implementing a Regex validator in Dart.
- How to configure TextField to validate text input and provide hints for the user.
- Email and number input validation via Regex.
- Putting it together: building a configurable input validation page.
Full source code is available here:
Flutter: Input Validation with RegExp. Contribute to bizz84/input_validation_demo_flutter development by creating an…
My previous articles about BottomAppBar navigation with FAB: