Introduction to GIT and DevOps (Guide to become Full Stack Developer)
Wrapping up the blog series “Guide to become Full Stack Developer”, the final part is all about the basics of Git and DevOps.
Starting with Git, what is it actually about?
Git is a free and open source distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency.
If you are working as a developer, sooner or later you are surely going to come across Git and GitHub. As a version control system Git is used by many companies already and most of the frameworks and extensions presented in that article are also hosted on GitHub.
To complete your skill set as a web developer you should consider learning at least the basics of Git.
Coming to the second major part of this article, what is DevOps?
DevOps = “DEVelopment and OPerationS”
DevOps is the practice of operations and development engineers participating together in the entire service lifecycle, from design through the development process to production support. Amazon defines DevOps as the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that increase an organization’s ability to deliver applications and services at high velocity: evolving and improving products at a faster pace than organizations using traditional software development and infrastructure management processes. This speed enables organizations to better serve their customers and compete more effectively in the market.
DevOps is certainly a role where you must enjoy working with many different people and teams, appeasing competing agendas, and having many bosses.
With this, the 6 Part series on Guide to become Full Stack Developer is concluded. You can find the previous 5 parts in the links below.
- Front-End Stack — https://medium.com/codiumclub/front-end-stack-guide-to-become-full-stack-developer-ddab5ae9a6df
- Back-End Stack — https://medium.com/codiumclub/back-end-stack-guide-to-become-full-stack-developer-52edde214bc6
- Database Administration — https://medium.com/codiumclub/database-administration-guide-to-become-full-stack-developer-413ca52e9403
- Web Services — https://medium.com/codiumclub/web-services-guide-to-become-full-stack-developer-9224bed7b4cb
- Web Application Architecture Part-1 — https://medium.com/codiumclub/web-application-architecture-part-1-guide-to-become-full-stack-developer-cc9526a3519b
- Web Application Architecture Part-2 — https://medium.com/codiumclub/web-application-architecture-part-2-guide-to-become-full-stack-developer-4de94f825e80
This is an intermediate level of a guide, which I followed myself, in my journey. Hope you all enjoyed this. Coming soon with much more interesting series.