Base reward changes + Improved Dynamic trivia system
Last Monday, we introduced the dynamic trivia rewards system. Over the course of the week, we’ve read hundreds of discord messages and reddit comments with player feedback. Based on that, and the in-game data we gathered, we decided to make the following changes:
- Adjust the base rewards from vaults
- Introduce two gameplay modes: chill mode and hunter mode
- Give players two seconds to read the question before answers appear
We believe this update solves the majority of the issues which hunters experienced - let’s take a look!
Base reward changes
First of all, we are adjusting the base rewards from vaults as follows:
But don’t worry. This goes hand-in-hand with the new gameplay modes we are introducing, which you will be able to freely toggle between:
Chill Mode (the default mode)
In Chill Mode, there is no dynamic trivia. It works exactly like the system everyone is used to. You have 25 seconds to answer the trivia question and, if you get it right, you get 100% of the new base rewards — no matter how fast you answer!
If you want to go on a chill hunt and not stress about timers, then Chill Mode is for you!
However, if you like a bit more of a challenge, you can go to the options menu and enable Hunter Mode! This will activate the dynamic reward system which will boost your rewards depending on how fast you lock in your answer:
How does it work?
First of all, we’ve added extra time to read the questions! Now, there will be 2 seconds to read the question before the answers appear and the timer starts ticking.
Once the answers appear, there are 3 “zones” where you can lock-in your answer:
PERFECT! = this is the first zone, lasts 3 seconds
GREAT =this is the second zone, lasts 7 seconds
GOOD = this is the third zone, lasts 15 seconds
Depending on which zone you lock-in your answer, the amount of crypto and leaderboard points will be adjusted:
PERFECT!= +100% bonus crypto and leaderboard points*
GREAT= +40% bonus crypto and leaderboard points*
GOOD = -20% crypto and leaderboard points*
*relative to the base rewards
Note: the in-game popup says GREAT will give you +20% crypto. The popup is incorrect and will be fixed next build.
Hunter mode presents a higher risk/reward, so use it wisely!
- These changes will become effective in a few hours, except for the dynamic adjustment of leaderboard points, which begins September 1st
- Chill Mode is the new default mode - every hunter starts their journey in this mode
- The only rewards that get adjusted in hunter mode are crypto drops and leaderboard points. Resources (e.g. keys, paint, and resin) are unaffected
- Purple vaults are special — they have a fixed 60 second timer and a fixed $1000 reward, no matter how fast you answer