We’ve got great news! In case you haven’t heard already, businesses in the UK can now use CoinCorner Checkout to accept Bitcoin payments.
To use Checkout, you’ll need to create a business account first. If you would love to accept Bitcoin from your customers but don’t already have an account, don’t worry, you can register here.
So, you’ve registered — what next?
If your website uses OpenCart, you’ve come to the right place. Please follow this simple guide to install our free OpenCart plugin and integrate Bitcoin payments.
Note: You’ll need version 3.0 or higher of OpenCart already installed.
- Download the latest version of the CoinCorner OpenCart plugin which can be found on our integration page when you login to your account.
- In the admin site of your OpenCart application, navigate to ‘Extenstions’ > ‘Installer’ (in the admin sidebar).
- Click the ‘Upload’ button and upload the zip file you downloaded in Step 1.
- Once the plugin has been uploaded, navigate to ‘Extensions’ > ‘Extensions’
- Set the extension type to ‘Payments’ and scroll down until you see ‘CoinCorner’ in the list of available payment methods.
- Click the green ‘Install’ button on the right hand side.
- The plugin is now fully installed and ready for configuration!
- Click the blue ‘Edit’ button next to the install button.
- You’ll be taken to your configuration settings for the CoinCorner OpenCart plugin.
- Enter your ‘Invoice Currency’ (the currency accepted on your OpenCart store) and ‘Settle Currency’ (the currency you would like the Bitcoin to be converted to in your CoinCorner account).
- Please ensure that the payment method is enabled and that you enter your API Key, API Secret Key and UserId (all of which can be found here) and set your custom order statuses.
Congratulations on installing the OpenCart plugin! You’re ready to start accepting Bitcoin on your website through CoinCorner Checkout.
If you have any questions or need help with the plugin, please get in touch with our friendly support team on firstname.lastname@example.org.