We’ve got great news! In case you haven’t heard already, businesses in the UK can now use CoinCorner Checkout to accept Bitcoin as a payment method.
To use Checkout, you’ll need to create a business account first. If you would love to accept Bitcoin from your customers but don’t already have an account, don’t worry, you can register here.
So, you’ve registered — what next?
If your website uses WooCommerce, you’ve come to the right place. Please follow this simple guide to install our free WooCommerce plugin and integrate Bitcoin payments.
Note: You’ll need version 3.0.1 or higher of WooCommerce already installed.
- Download the latest version of the CoinCorner WooCommerce plugin which can be found on our integration page when logged into your account. You’ll download a zip file.
- Alternatively, you can visit our Github page to download the latest version of the plugin.
- Login to your WooCommerce site and navigate to the ‘Plugins’ tab in the admin sidebar. Click the ‘Add New’ button.
- After this, click the ‘Upload Plugin’ button at the top of the screen and upload the zip you file you have previously downloaded in Step 1.
- After you’ve uploaded the file, click the ‘Install Now’ button and WooCommerce will automatically begin installing the plugin.
- Once the plugin has been installed, click the ‘Activate Plugin’ button.
- The CoinCorner WooCommerce plugin will now appear installed and active in the ‘Plugins’ section of your admin area.
- Once it’s installed, you’ll need to configure the plugin so it can be used in your WooCommerce site.
- To do this, navigate to the WooCommerce tab displayed in your admin sidebar and go to ‘Settings’.
- Once you’re in the WooCommerce settings area, go to the ‘Payments’ tab. You’ll be able to see all the payment methods available on your WooCommerce site.
- Under CoinCorner Checkout, click ‘Manage’ to be directed to the configuration settings for the plugin.
- Enter your ‘Invoice Currency’ (the currency accepted on your WooCommerce store) and ‘Settle Currency’ (the currency you would like the Bitcoin to be converted to on your CoinCorner account).
- Finally, enter your API Key, API Secret and Account ID which can be found here, and click ‘Save Changes’.
Congratulations on installing the WooCommerce plugin! You’re ready to start accepting Bitcoin on your website through CoinCorner Checkout.
If you have any questions or need help with the plugin, please get in touch with our friendly support team on firstname.lastname@example.org.