You may have seen from our recent post on Medium, that we’ve had a busy last quarter of 2019 launching our IOM GSC approved Bitcoin to fiat payment gateway — CoinCorner Checkout — in the eGaming sector.
We’ve had a lot of feedback and questions since launching the gateway and thought it might be helpful if we answered some of these in an open forum — so, why are casino operators becoming more Bitcoin-friendly…?
- New audiences — Numbers of active Bitcoin users are often underestimated. Are you missing out on reaching Bitcoin-friendly gamers, purely by not offering a payment method that is more convenient for them?
- No chargebacks — Often considered to be one of the biggest challenges in the eGaming sector, chargebacks are eliminated when you accept Bitcoin. This is because Bitcoin transactions are irreversible.
- Competitive advantage — Bitcoin-friendly casinos are often seen as being at the forefront of technology development, having access to more players than their fiat-only competitors.
- Reduce currency conversion costs — Bitcoin is borderless, meaning that you aren’t left with the cost and hassle of converting several currencies to your preferred currency.
- No exposure to Bitcoin price volatility — When players pay with Bitcoin, CoinCorner locks the price for a period of time and instantly converts the funds to fiat (GBP/EUR) on your behalf.
At the risk of sounding cliché, the list goes on! We’ve touched on just 5 of the key benefits of accepting Bitcoin.
If you’d like to learn more about how CoinCorner Checkout works, or to see it in action (in a demonstration environment) — check out our demo platform CasinoCorner and follow the deposit process.
To find out more about how you can start accepting Bitcoin, get in touch with me via Twitter or LinkedIn!