Hodlnaut Review — Best way to Hodl is to earn interest on your Bitcoin
Hodlnaut is a Singapore-based fintech company that provides financial services to over 5000+ active users. In this Hodlnaut review, we will go through its features, fees, support, and, most importantly, pros and cons.
- Hodlnaut is a fintech firm in Singapore.
- They offer high crypto interest rates with weekly payouts. In addition, there is no lock-in period.
- Moreover, you may earn a higher yield by locking in a minimum amount of cryptocurrency for one month or more.
- Institutional investors can obtain crypto loans using their crypto as collateral.
- Furthermore, they provide instant swapping of tokens between any of Hodlnaut’s supported assets.
- Hodlnaut supports five cryptocurrencies for deposits and withdrawals.
- They is no fees for deposits and token swaps. Furthermore, they support minimum deposits allowed in the network.
- They use various methods such as KYC, SSL encryption, address-whitelisting, two-factor authentication, and more to secure their platform.
- You can check their demo platform before investing.
What is Hodlnaut?
Hodlnaut is a fintech firm established in Singapore that caters to financial services for individual and corporate investors. Juntao Zhu and Simon Lee, two bitcoin maximalists, founded Hodlnaut in April 2019 to help hodlers achieve more yield on their digital assets by providing simple product choices and required assistance.
Currently, they have 5000+ active users and $250M in held assets.
Singapore Management University, Three Arrows Capital, Sparrow, and BitGo are among the companies that have backed the project. Hodlnaut is also a portfolio company of Antler, a global venture capital firm that invests in early-stage companies.
Hodlnaut Review: Features
- They support Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Dai (DAI), USD Coin (USDC), and Tether (USDT).
- Moreover, you will receive weekly payouts every Monday at 5 PM (GMT 8+).
- Interest rates are decided based on market demand and the previous month’s earnings. Moreover, they try to offer the best interest rate available.
- Interest is paid in the same cryptocurrency in which you had deposited.
- Furthermore, you can withdraw at any moment; there is no lock-in period.
- There is no minimum deposit.
- You can also calculate the interest you will receive by entering the asset and the number of days.
- Additionally, you can also opt for Nexus Mutual Custody Cover.
Hodlnaut Review: Token Swap
Hodlnaut offers to swap tokens instantly between any of Hodlnaut’s supported assets. Furthermore, it helps you choose the type of asset you want to earn interest in and save double fees. Therefore, you can manage your portfolio and rebalance asset holdings. Following are the steps:
- Log in to your Hodlnaut account.
- Select the token you want to trade.
- Review the quote.
- Place your order.
You can check your previous transactions in the transaction tab. Currently, this feature is not available for Singapore users.
Fixed Term Loan at Hodlnaut
Hodlnaut provides VIP Fixed-term Loan. In addition, you may earn a higher yield by locking in your cryptocurrency for one month or more.
- Select a VIP Fixed-term Loan.
- Deposit at least 100 BTC (or equivalent)
- Invest in crypto for at least a month.
- Get a more significant return on your cryptocurrency.
Hodlnaut review: Institutional Loans
Hodlnaut offers institutional loans using crypto as collateral. Moreover, these loans help them to cater to their client-specific business needs. Currently, they are available only to institutions.
Institutional Loans Features
- The minimum loan amount is USD 50,000
- Flexible loan-to-value, 70% or lower
- You can choose between open terms or 3+ months fixed terms
- Lowest rates in the market.
- No hidden fees
- Hodlnaut will act as a counterparty for all loans.
Institutional investors can use these loans for their business needs or for diversifying their portfolios. Furthermore, these loans have a complex structure, and the terms and conditions differ depending on the lenders. You can write to them at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Hodlnaut review: Crypto Interest
The platform allows you to earn up to 12.73% APY with a Hodlnaut Interest Account.
Crypto Interest Rates
Hodlnaut tries to keep interest rates consistent. However, market rates determine our interest rates, which are subject to fluctuation.
Hodlnaut review: Deposit and Withdrawal
Hodlnaut does not support FIAT deposits. However, you can deposit cryptocurrency into your Hodlnaut account in two ways:
- Copy and paste the Hodlnaut crypto wallet address of your choice into the exchange or wallet from which one wishes to send crypto.
- Alternatively, you can scan the QR code that contains your address from the exchange or wallet. Then, using the drop-down menu on the left, you can deposit the cryptocurrency of your choosing.
To withdraw from your Holdnaut account, you have to choose the cryptocurrency from the drop-down box on the left. Moreover, if the address is already added, you can choose from there else manually add the recipient’s name, the wallet address to which you want to send money, and the amount to be withdrawn.
You can also examine your account’s available funds, and if you’d like to transfer the entire amount, simply click on the value, which will be copied to the amount column.
Hodlnaut Review: Fees
The platform does not charge for deposits or swapping tokens. Additionally, they support the smallest possible deposit on the network.
Furthermore, Hodlnaut charges interest exclusively on withdrawals, adjusted according to current blockchain market conditions.
Hodlnaut Review: Security
Hodlnaut is a fintech business established in Singapore currently pursuing a license from the MAS. The Singapore Fintech Association has also recognized it as a certified Fintech. In addition, Hodlnaut has also been designated as a recognized blockchain company by Singapore’s Infocomm Media Development Authority.
They require all users to pass a KYC verification process as centralized finance (CeFi) crypto lending platform. Furthermore, your data is entirely confidential and is used for regulatory compliance purposes.
Hodlnaut allows address whitelisting to ensure that crypto is sent only to known and verified withdrawal addresses. Additionally, you can restrict withdrawal to a list of known addresses. It takes about forty-eight hours for the withdrawal whitelist to get approved. Once you have enabled this feature, you cannot withdraw from an address that is not added to the list.
To guarantee greater security, you have the option to use two-factor authentication for all account transactions. Additionally, they do not store their funds in hot wallets.
Ease of Use
Hodlnaut offers a user-friendly interface. You can toggle between the light and dark theme. Unfortunately, currently, they don’t support mobile applications to manage your accounts on the go. However, they are planning to launch an iOS application soon.
You can view and download your interest statements according to the date range and cryptocurrency. Moreover, the statements contain the date, interest rate (APR), balance, and interest earned. Additionally, you can also see the total amount at the bottom right corner.
To check anything on the platform, you have to complete the KYC. To check how the platform works, you can check the Hodlnaut demo platform.
Customer Support at Hodlnaut
Additionally, you can also connect with them through the following social media channels -
Hodlnaut Review: Pros and Cons
- High-interest rates
- There are no lock-in periods or minimum deposits.
- Beginner-friendly platform
- iOS users can download the app from App store.
- It does not support FIAT deposits.
- They do not support mobile applications to manage your accounts on the go.
- They support limited cryptocurrencies.
- Crypto Loans are available only for institutions.
Hodlnaut Review: Conclusion
The Hodlnaut crypto interest platform is a Singapore-based fintech that allows customers to deposit their cryptocurrencies, earn competitive interest rates, and swap tokens. Moreover, individual investors will expand their assets by depositing interest into their BTC, ETH, DAI, USDC, and USDT accounts. Corporate clients can also get a credit line by pledging their digital assets as collateral.
With the rapid rise in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, there is a growing demand among hodlers and individual investors to increase their holdings. Moreover, Hodlnaut allows you to generate a return on your cryptocurrencies safely and straightforwardly.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Hodlnaut?
Hodlnaut is a fintech firm established in Singapore that caters to financial services for individual and corporate investors. You can earn interest and swap tokens on their platform. In addition, institutional investors can get crypto loans.
Which cryptocurrencies does Hodlnaut support?
Hodlnaut supports Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Dai (DAI), USD Coin (USDC), and Tether (USDT).
Does Hodlnaut support FIAT deposits?
No, Hodlnaut does not support FIAT deposits.
Is Hodlnaut safe?
Hodlnaut uses various methods such as KYC, SSL encryption, address-whitelisting, two-factor authentication, and more to secure its platform. Additionally, they are backed by big names in the crypto industry, such as Singapore Management University, Three Arrows Capital, Sparrow, and BitGo.
Originally published at https://blog.coincodecap.com on September 2, 2020.