I originally made this checklist for designers joining Advanced Blockchain, where I was previously Design Lead.
We learn best by doing, rather than by reading. So I wanted to upskill new hires by getting them to actually try stuff using real money.
Some colleagues told me that I should publish this for a wider audience. So, this is how people in the crypto industry learn about DeFi in record time!
Want to go from beginner to pro? 🤩 Take a look and try the below 👇
I would put aside about $100 USD for this program. Consider this the price of admission and be prepared to burn through the lot. But by the end of it, you’ll know how to do everything and can start making money properly.
note 1 — I originally built this list in Notion with checkboxes. Medium doesn’t let you do checkboxes, so if you want to work through this list, you might want to make a copy into Notion or Google docs.
note 2 — Not all of this will make sense. That’s ok and intentional. Try to work through it anyway and figure out the answers. That’s how you learn. If you get stuck, try asking in some reddit or telegram groups.
⛓️ Getting started with blockchains
- Install MetaMask
- Visit Chainlist and add these networks: Avalanche, FTM, BSC, Polygon, Arbitrum, Optimism, Moonriver. Over time you will add more.
- Get an exchange account at Binance or similar
- Get some Matic at an exchange and send to your metamask (via Polygon)
- Add another account to your MetaMask and name it Account 2 or something
- Send Matic back and forth between your accounts
- Get some FTM at an exchange and send it your Metamask (via Fantom)
- Get some BNB at an exchange and send it to your Metamask (via BSC)
- Note how you use the same address, regardless of the network. This is because they are all EVM networks.
- Look up what an EVM network is