How to play Dark Forest, the zkSNARK powered MMO Game — Part 2
In Part 1 of this guide, we discussed the overview of Dark Forest and why is it important. We also talked about how to start playing the game. In part 2 we will get into further details.
Capture a planet
All planets produce Energy. You can move energy from planets you own to new planets to conquer them.
Note that you will start with a Level 1 home planet. Try accumulating a small group of Level 1 planets quickly and then try to hold higher energy. Energy capacity can be upgraded using silver which you can mine from an asteroid.
Any unclaimed planet will be titled “Unclaimed” and also the Owner will be 00000…
To capture this planet I need to send more than 4 energy. Click on the home planet and select, how much energy you want to send.
Now if I press and pull my cursor from the home planet to the unclaimed planet, depending upon the energy the system will show you if the energy you are sending is sufficient. In the same example, the system is showing me I am sending 101 energy to capture this planet, while 4 was enough. You can adjust the energy you are sending accordingly. The energy transfer will take time to reach.
Once you capture the planet, it will be outlined white and the owner will be changed to you. Sometimes the capture does not happen due to various reasons. The below are some reasons:
• You do not have an xDAI Balance. Check your balance — click the lock icon in the menu bar, at the top-left of the game screen. In case you see a low balance, buy xDAI from Bitmax. Else, purchase DAI and exchange it for xDAI on an xDAI token bridge. Send xDAI to your Dark Forest address.
• You have sent less energy to capture the planet.
• There was a small chain re-org. Refresh the page.
• Check your network connection
Note once you send out energy from your planet, the energy of your planet is automatically replenished in some time.
If you click on a planet, you will see 3 circle ranges surrounding it. This basically says how far will you reach with 100%, 50%, and 25% of energy. If you click and select energy level, there is another yellow circle that will tell you with the selected energy, how far you can reach. Note that if you are capturing a planet, it should be the energy needed to reach + capture the planet.
Asteroids mine silver. You need silver to upgrade your planet. Hence you need to capture some asteroids. Producing and spending silver increases your score. A planet’s silver is highlighted by the Yellow number.
There is an artifact plugin that will give you the coordinates of planets that contain artifacts. You can collect artifacts and keep them in your wallet. These are ERC721 tokens that can later be traded with other players. A planet’s artifact is shown by a small gift box in the upper left-hand corner of the planet. You need to claim the artifact and pay a small xDai Fees.
Quickly start building up your territory. You will never know when another person will pop in and attack. It is better to level up fast, instead of accumulating lower level planets, quickly upgrade and accumulate higher level planets, preferably Level5 and above. It is easier to capture lower-level planets with higher-level planets. For more instructions please see the below guide. In case of a war, you need to have a very strong defense system, location strategy, and also, attacking power.
Dark Forest runs competitions and rewards the winners. The score is calculated by:
• Sum of the sizes of top ten planets + 0.30 times the total silver you’ve mined
Some useful tips:
• Use a new account. Do not import your primary transaction account into Dark Forest. Dark Forest private keys are stored in your browser’s local storage.
• Transfer of an account from one browser to another needs the below 3 things:
o The private key of your Dark Forest burner wallet
o The coordinates of your planet (anyone)
o The secret map data
Dark Forest is a first and is played by many influencers. It is a huge hit. This game will open up to a broader audience soon. The game is addictive and there is always a first-mover advantage. Maybe the artifacts will have some value in the future.
I hope that this guide will help you to gather some interest in the game and get going in the initial phases.
Read the Previous article: How to play Dark Forest, the zkSNARK powered MMO Game — Part 1
Note: This post was first published here for Cryptowriter in association with voice.com.
Join using my referral
Join Coinmonks Telegram group and learn about crypto trading and investing
- What is a Flash loan?
- The Best Crypto Trading Bot | Grid Trading
- 3Commas Review | Pionex Review | Coinrule review
- AAX Exchange Review | Deribit Review |FTX Exchange Review
- NGRAVE ZERO review | Phemex Review | PrimeXBT Review
- Bybit Exchange Review | Bityard Review | CoinSpot Review
- 3Commas vs Cryptohopper | Earn crypto interest
- The Best Bitcoin Hardware wallet | BitBox02 Review
- Ledger vs Ngrave | Ledger nano s vs x
- Crypto Copy Trading Platforms | Bityard copy trading
- Vauld Review | YouHodler Review | BlockFi Review
- The Best Crypto Tax Software | CoinTracking Review
- Best Crypto Lending Platforms | Leveraged Token
- Ledger Nano S vs Trezor one vs Trezor T vs Ledger Nano X
- BlockFi vs Celsius | Hodlnaut Review
- Bitsgap review | Quadency Review
- Ellipal Titan Review | SecuX Stone Review
- DEX Explorer | Blockchain APIs | LocalBitcoins Review
- Best Blockchain Analysis Tools | Earn Bitcoin
- Crypto arbitrage guide: How to make money as a beginner
- Best Crypto Charting Tool | Best Crypto Exchange
- What are the best books to learn about Bitcoin?