🦃 Thanksgiving conversations will be lit
- 🦃 Thanksgiving conversations will be lit
- ⚽ The World CUP is here…
- 💰 Coins of the week
- 🐦 Tweet of the week:
- 📰 Top Reads
- 🙏🏻 Grateful for…
🦃 Thanksgiving conversations will be lit
Thanksgiving is a national holiday usually celebrated in the United States on the last Thursday of November of every year. It began as a day of giving thanks for the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year and is not celebrated in different countries like Canada, Grenada, Saint Lucia, and Liberia.
American mythology holds that Pilgrims and Indians united 400 years ago for the first Thanksgiving, but the peace didn’t last; the settlers and their one-time allies were at war a generation later. To some, the holiday is only a reminder of the oppression experienced by Native Americans and some believe it should be canceled.
This time of the year brings families together which means catching up with loved ones and sharing what we have been up to as well as engaging in tough conversations, especially after a few drinks.
This year’s conversation about crypto will be interesting. Crypto supporters will hear a lot of “I told you so” and may have a hard time supporting the space.
The crypto market has dropped from $2.6 Trillion to $822 billion in a year. Most assets have lost value the past few months.
Why is this important? — Regardless of how bullish or bearish we feel about the markets. These holidays may be a good time to listen to our friends and family members’ opinions about the markets, and their views on this technology and create a broader worldview. Everyone has something to teach us if we are open to learning. Perhaps, we have been blinded by the power of blockchain and crypto technology, which is barely taking shape, but we can’t afford our lives savings and people’s trust advocating for something that may take longer to be understood and mass adopted.
Just like bear markets are best for building, they are also great for learning and broadening our perspectives.
⚽ The World CUP is here…
The FIFA world cup has started and most of “the world” is dissatisfied with how it is being handled.
This is the most important sports event in the history of humanity. This world cup is expected to be seen by 5 Billion people (62.5% of the world population, since we just hit 8 Billion world habitants).
- No beer at the games. — Booze will still be served in designated fan zones and high-priced stadium suites for tournament officials and rich folks. There are only two liquor stores in all of Qatar, drinking and being drunk in public are illegal, and any alcohol found in visitors’ luggage is confiscated. Plus, the country slapped a 100% tax on alcohol imports in 2019, so Qatar has the most expensive beer in the world, with an 11-ounce bottle costing $11.26, according to a 2021 report by Expensivity.
- Share Yaro on Tech, Blockchain, and Web3
- Human Rights Violation. — More than 6,500 migrant workers from South Asia have died since Qatar was awarded this World Cup in 2010, according to The Guardian (which also says it’s an extreme undercount). Qatar had only one stadium prior to being awarded the right to host the world cup. They had to build 7 more by basically slaving foreign workers and kicking them out as soon as they were no longer needed.
- Dirty FIFA. — In 2020, after a yearslong investigation, the US Department of Justice alleged that reps working for Qatar and Russia (which hosted the 2018 World Cup) bribed FIFA officials to win hosting rights. Nothing new, check the new FIFA Netflix documentary and get ready to be mind blown.
💰 Coins of the week
OKB is a cryptocurrency released by the OK Blockchain Foundation and Maltese crypto exchange, OKEx.
The exchange is one of the largest in the world and currently ranks third in liquidity, fourth in trading volume, and provides a wide selection of trading pairs.
OKEx is similar in many aspects to the cryptocurrency exchange giant Binance, but there are a few key differences. The OKEx platform has its own cloud mining service, and the company has a more focused reach in providing options trading for users. Meanwhile, Binance strives to offer a broad range of crypto services globally.
🐦 Tweet of the week:
As we approach the holidays, self-awareness will help us enjoy our family and ourselves more, be more tolerant of each other, and improve our self-knowledge. I like this tweet by Dr. LePera. Hope it helps..
📰 Top Reads
- Stablecoin Issuer Tether Explains How FTX and Alameda Collapse Has No Effect on USDT
- DeFi Is the Answer to the FTX Crisis — But We Must Get Better at Communicating It
- FTX owes over $3 billion to its 50 biggest creditors: Bankruptcy filing
- FTX fiasco means coming consequences for crypto in Washington DC
- Bitcoin Bulls Are Braving The Storms Around FTX’s Fall, But Is A Crash To $10,000 Really In The Offing?
- Reasons AVAX investors must tread carefully despite probable short-term gains
- Crypto Experts are Accumulating These Cryptos While They’re Cheap — Find Out Why