Yes! Stolen Bitcoins can be recovered
Getting back stolen crypto can be an uphill battle, but there are some things you can do.
A Crypto-Crime report in 2019 showed that $11.5 billion of cryptocurrency transactions have been lost globally. This is equivalent to the government budget of Latvia. The report predicted an even higher number in 2021.
Though blockchains are secure and cryptocurrency exchanges protect their accounts, thefts still happen. Even more heartbreaking, is the fact that the stolen assets are rarely recovered. Law enforcement agencies can do little when investigating stolen crypto because the crypto sphere is largely unregulated.
“The quicker you act, the better…the more experienced you are, and the less experienced the thieves are, the better chance you have”.
What To Do if Your Crypto Assets Are Stolen or Lost
Hire a bounty hunter — If you are willing to pay a decent amount for the return of your funds there are websites where you can post a bounty. Experienced blockchain searchers will investigate the theft and see if they can recover the funds for a price. Companies like Express Crypto Back are a good place to start.
Use DonaldGallagher Consultants
While firms like Donald Gallagher Consultants are extremely useful, investors should be wary of scams. David Veksler of Donald Gallagher Consultants told Cryptonews.com, “there are many ‘Bitcoin Recovery’ scams. Almost all of them have one thing in common. They make impossible promises rather than trying to understand your situation and offer realistic advice.”
If you have been a victim of cryptocurrency scam in any form, get help from these recovery experts as soon as possible.
- 10 Best Crypto Exchange in Singapore | Buy AXS
- Best Crypto to Invest in India | WazirX P2P
- 7 Best Zero Fee Crypto Exchange Platforms
- Best Online Casinos | Futures Trading Bots
- Decentralized Exchanges | Bitbns FIP | Bingbon Review
- 10 Best Places to Buy Crypto with Credit Card
- Best Crypto Trading bots in Canada | Bybit vs Binance
- 5 Best Crypto Exchanges in UAE | SimpleSwap Review
- 7 Best Ways to buy Dogecoin | ZebPay Review
- Best Futures Trading Signals | Liquid Exchange Review