Cryptocurrency and it’s inherent volatility is the most chanted topic these days. Along with it, many individuals /have a common myth that it is only used on the cryptocurrency trading platforms. However, this is not true, apart from trading cryptocurrency is also accepted by many companies as a source of payment for different goods and services like buying pizzas or various household goods, booking flight tickets or movie tickets, VPN services and many more. As the days are passing by, there is an increase in the number of companies and retail stores accepting cryptos. Here’s a list of some major companies accepting cryptocurrency.
- Microsoft: It is an American multinational company that started accepting crypto lately in December 2014. Microsoft allows using bitcoin for depositing funds in the Microsoft account which can be later used in the purchase of games, movies, and apps in the Windows and Xbox stores only and not from the Microsoft online stores.
- Expedia: Expedia.com is the traveling tool that helps you to book tickets online of your destination and accepts the payment in Bitcoins only. It should be remembered once the transaction on Expedia is initiated it cannot be canceled.
- PayPal: PayPal is one of the first companies that began to accept bitcoins as a source of payment for the transactions and completed the entire transaction process through them by using processors like GoCoin, Coinbase, and BitPay.
- Namecheap: Namecheap.com is a reputed website for selling domain names and also the first domain registrar with hosting options offering payments in Bitcoins.
- Overstock: In January 2014, Overstock.com- an American internet retailer started accepting cryptocurrency for the payment of their products like décor, furniture, bedding, etc. This is done through a digital asset exchange company called ShapeShift that completes transactions by converting currencies through blockchain in seconds without an account required to be set up. Overstock accepts all the major cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash, and Monero.
- Shopify: Shopify.com is an e-commerce platform allowing merchants to build their online shops for selling their products just like Etsy or eBay. In November 2013, with the help of BitPay over 75,000+ Shopify merchants received the option of accepting bitcoin payments.
- Subway: It is a famous American sandwich restaurant that accepts bitcoin for the payment of delicious six-inch or footlong sandwiches.
- Pizzaforcoins: It is a platform that helps/allows in buying pizza from anywhere through an integrated ShapeShift crypto exchange that supports digital currency like bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, and Monero.
- CheapAir: A travel company that accepts BTC since 2013, as a source of payment for the flights, hotel or rental cars booked through them. Coinbase wallet is used for finalizing the transactions.
- Dish: A U.S. based satellite television and internet provider with many international subsidiaries accepts BTC and Bitcoin Cash for the payment. The bitcoin transactions are processed through Coinbase.
- Newegg: Newegg.com is an online retailer of computer gadgets, hardware, and consumer electronics that accepts BTC through BitPay as its payment processing partner.
- Bitcoin-real estate: Through Bitcoin-realestate.com you can buy and sell properties like house, condo, lot, Resort, commercial property, business or equity project using cryptocurrency.
- LightSpeed Hosting: This company is similar to Linode or Digital Ocean, which accepts Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, and a variety of other cryptocurrencies for their VPS services.
This is not the entire list of companies accepting cryptocurrency, there several other companies and businesses that are accepting cryptos as early birds and taking advantage of this financial revolution. So, if you are holding crypto’s either privately or on an exchange and wondering where to use look no further, check the major websites listed above and do a little market research of other companies accepting cryptos for their goods and services.
Join our Communities: