Colendi Update | 01–10 March
We have made a great start to 2019, with most of our concentration and efforts focusing on advancing our product. Spring has arrived on the other hand with lots of news and activities where Colendi Project again takes its fair share. Let’s jump to what we’ve been up to in the last 10 days.
- Don’t miss us at SXSW event in Austin/Texas. Our COO Mihriban Ersin will be speaking on the panel “Combating Global Poverty on the Blockchain” on March 16.
- In Seamless Middle East 2019, our CEO Bulent Tekmen and COO Mihriban Ersin will be speaking. The event will take place in April
- In Consensus 2019, our COO Mihriban Ersin will be speaking. Last year’s one of the biggest events are now hosting Colendi COO Mihriban Ersin as a speaker.
- We are once again honored with a high-level recognition from a global organization. Colendi COO Mihriban Ersin, officially recognized by Innovate Finance in “Senior Leaders” category of Women In Fintech PowerList 2018 among 35 sector professionals. This is a great honor for our team and a magnificent representation of women in digital and finance sectors.
- Colendi Blog Series “Colendi Ecosystem” continues with its part two. In part one, we have talked about the users and their role in the Colendi Project. In the second part, other Colendi Protocol Layer Contributors were explained. Read more to get a deeper understanding of Colendi Project!
Join Colendi ÐApp Beta Program!
We are thrilled to announce the commencement of our waitlist for Colendi Mobile Beta ÐApp as a native mobile client for Android and IOS users. Our ambition is to invite you to a developing beta project granting you free Colendi Score evaluations to establish the first basis of our growing user base.
We are working towards expanding the Colendi Project with you and give privileged early access to the beta application participants before the app is published publicly. As early adaptors, you will therefore be able to enjoy Colendi’s unique services before anybody else. Feeding on your feedbacks and ideas composed along with your experience navigating our product we will present you the complete application in the near future.
Colendi is offering you IOS and Android mobile application. This is a newer version of the Alpha Web Application we had introduced before. To access this new mobile application (native client dApp), we invite you to register at the Beta waitlist. You may follow these steps in order to create your registration:
- Fill the form and leave account information
- Invite your friends to this Colendi Beta application using the same form.
In a few days’ time, we will finalize all participation requests and send your way a link to download Colendi dApp from your play store or as a test flight app. While IOS users will see various instructions in program’s mail address and download the dApp over test flight, Android users can directly download it from play store by registration in the program.
In this native application, you will be able to get your decentralized digital identity Colendi ID. You may connect various data sources to create your first ever Colendi Score. We will be also able to integrate users’ smartphone data into the Colendi Score calculations for the first time.
In the Test interface, you will be deposited test COD and ETH, which you will be able to send and receive from each other. Even though your transactions are happening on the testnet, keep in mind the application enables you to keep your data private and safe. All the structure the use of smart contracts in order to satisfy a fully decentralized application.
One of the most important announcements of September was Colendi announcing the Colendi Card, which will open the doors to the incorporation of most common payment method to the Colendi application. Decades of consumer payment habits are now available in the Colendi platform where the users can acquire their physical Colendi Card and connect it to their Colendi ID and Colendi Score.
Colendi Card is considered to be a crucial element for Colendi adaptation in the communities where the old payment habits are relatively harder to transform. Considering people’s need to microfinancing and a comprehensive ecosystem, Colendi stands out with its abundant sources of finding the financing necessary and bring the platform personas together.
“As an active part of the Colendi ecosystem, we couldn’t be more thrilled about the Colendi Card and the additional opportunities it provides for us,” said Mehmet Ozcelik, co-founder of restaurant point of sale software leader SambaPOS. “This will benefit us as it will offer better reach to our merchants as well as growing our overall merchant base with the easy-to-use Colendi Card and app.”
Financial inclusion of the next billion people is not an easy task, on the contrary, it requires substantial work, exquisite analysis and a comprehensive approach that will touch the lives of many people from various cultures and backgrounds. Colendi Card fits perfectly to the business strategy to be one of the strong hands to introduce Colendi globally.