Welcome to the User Registration Guide for the CLN token sale event. This guide will provide a step-by-step overview of the registration and whitelist process required to gain eligibility for participation. We hope you will find it useful!
We are excited to take the next steps in building the CLN network. The CLN offering presents a unique opportunity for crypto investors, as CLN will offer mainstream audiences a chance to instantly interact with a cryptocurrency.
Our approach to the token sale event emphasizes the importance of creating a fair and just process for both the pre-sale and crowdsale. For example, pre-sale investors are granted with the option to receive additional tokens in exchange for 4 different vesting periods (lockup), ranging from 6 months to 3 years.
In addition, all participants go through a KYC (know your customer) process, where we require identity verification for every participant. The information collected during the registration process will allow us to:
1. Meet compliance needs.
2. Enable fair token distribution by allowing as many eligible participants as possible to join the sale.
The Key Data & Registration Guide provides a step-by-step overview of the registration and whitelist process required to gain eligibility for participation.
How to Register
In order to be eligible to participate in the token sale event, you must complete the registration process. You may start the registration process by visiting https://cln.network/ and clicking on the “Register for Token Sale” button.
Here are some important pieces of information to know before we walk through the step-by-step overview of the registration process:
- In the coming weeks, we will be announcing details on the event date, terms, and participation structure.
- As part of registration, we will be collecting information with the aim of verifying KYC (“know your customer”) for every participant.
- Citizens, nationals, residents (tax or otherwise) and/or green card holders of each of: (i) the United States of America; (ii) the People’s Republic of China; (iii) South Korea; (iv) North Korea; (v) Libya; (vi) Syria; (vii) Lebanon; (viii) Iran; (ix) Pakistan; (x) Canada; (xi) Bangladesh; (xii) Bolivia, (xiii) Ecuador, (xiv) Kyrgyzstan; (xv) Morocco, (xvi) Nepal (xvii) Israel (only for the purposes of the Public Token Sale (as defined in the Token Sale terms and conditions which are available here) or (xviii) any other jurisdiction which prohibits the possession, dissemination or communication of the Available Information and/or prohibits participation in the Token Sale or the purchase of Tokens or any such similar activity or any other Restricted Persons are not permitted to participate in the Token Sale.
- Ether (ETH) will be the only acceptable form of payment in the token sale event. During registration, you will be asked to enter the address of the Ethereum wallet you will use for the token event. This wallet will be used to send ETH and accept CLN. If you don’t have an ETH wallet, you will find guides to generate one below.
- Any attempts to send ETH from a different address or directly from an exchange (such as Coinbase, Kraken, Poloniex, etc.) during the distribution event will result in an inability to purchase CLN and your ETH may be permanently lost.
After clicking the “Register for the Token Sale” button on the homepage, you will be asked to enter you email address. It is important to note that you will need to verify your email address in order to continue the registration process.
Since we will use this email address to communicate the status of your KYC verification and further instructions for the event, please ensure the email you enter belongs to you and is readily accessible.
Select the Type of Contribution
After verifying your email address you will be asked to select your investment type. To participate in the Token Sale event, select “Crowdsale” (the Presale is open only for accredited investors and requires a minimum investment of $25K).
Please enter the following details:
- First and Last name
- Ethereum Wallet address
- Image of passport/ national ID (See requirements below)
Please confirm that you have read the disclaimer and the Terms & Conditions and that you are not a resident or domiciliary of USA, Israel, Canada, China, South Korea, North Korea, Libya, Syria, Lebanon, Iran, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Ecuador, Kyrgyzstan, Morocco, Nepal.
Please enter the Ethereum Wallet address you are planning to use. This wallet will be used to send ETH and accept CLN.
Any attempts to send ETH from a different address or directly from an exchange (such as Coinbase, Kraken, Poloniex, etc.) will result in an inability to purchase CLN. Such attempts will be rejected by the token smart contract and your ETH may be permanently lost.
If you do not have an Ethereum wallet, you may generate one using instructions in either our Ethereum Wallet or MyEtherWallet guides. Please note that you will need to create a token compatible Ethereum wallet that does not automatically generate a new address for every transaction.
Please take a photo or upload an image of your passport or national ID (in English). Image should be high quality, under 4MB, with all details clearly visible. Please note that this information will be validated by a third-party verification partner.
Please check to ensure all of your personal information is correct, all required files have been uploaded and that you have properly understood key sales requirements. After submitting your information, the KYC verification process will begin. Please note that this process might take up to 7 business days, after which time you will be notified via email of your eligibility to participate in the CLN token sale.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is registration and KYC mandatory?
Yes, registration and KYC are mandatory to be eligible to participate in the token sale event. Our primary goal is to ensure we can build and maintain a strong community of CLN contributors. To this end, the information collected at registration will help us to 1) address compliance requirements and 2) allow as many participants to join the sale as possible.
Why do I need to specify my Ethereum address during the registration?
One of our primary objectives is to maximize participation (i.e., ensure as many people as possible may participate in the CLN token sale). We are asking participants to specify at registration the Ethereum address they will use for the token distribution event, as this will help us to manage and promote a more equitable token distribution.
Can I register more than a single Ethereum address?
No, the Ethereum address you provide during registration will be the only address from which you may purchase CLN with during the token distribution event, and cannot be changed. Any attempts to send ETH from a different address during the distribution event will result in an inability to purchase CLN and your ETH will be returned to the sender (minus transaction fees).
How long does it take for the participant verification to finish?
Participant verification will take up to 7 business days, after which time you will be notified via email of your eligibility to participate in the CLN token sale event.
I would like to update my KYC information. What should I do?
As long as your request hasn’t been reviewed, you’ll be able to update your information. Simply login to your account (use the “Login” button on the homepage), re-enter the information you wish to update, and resubmit your application. Once your application has been reviewed, you will not be able to edit your information. However, you will be able to update the Ethereum wallet address by contacting us at email@example.com
My registration was denied. What should I do?
If your registration was denied, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further support.
Thank you for joining Colu in increasing transparency and revolutionizing the world’s payment systems. Ready to get started now? Simply visit https://cln.network/ and click on the “Register for the Token Sale” button.