People are looking for ways to celebrate the good. Let’s show the world just how much of it is in our community.
This week’s theme is Inspire. Let’s celebrate the ways that kindness inspires us and our community.
Inspire: February 20–26
✔️ Help with the #kindnessdrive! Recently, Volunteers of America suffered a devastating warehouse fire so they’re looking to replenish their inventory of gently used clothing as soon as possible. Drop off your donations by Sunday, February 26 at any Kaufman Development community office.
✔️ Tell us what kindness means to you! All week long, the Columbus Museum of Art will be displaying the #KindHeart project. Stop by to add your note and let all of the beautiful and thought-provoking art inspire even more kindness in you.
✔️ Scavenger for kindness! Starting Tuesday the 21st, The Greater Columbus Arts Council and local artists are joining the Kindness Squad to leave sketch art and kind messages all over town. Follow #givekindnesscolumbus and #artmakescbus for clues! Details are here!
✔️ Celebrate African American Music and Heritage. On Sunday the 26th, at 3 pm, join Urban Strings Columbus at the Columbus Metropolitan Library as they pay homage to African American composers and arrangers in celebration of Black History Month!
✔️ Order pizza and support babies! Hot Chicken Takeover and Mikey’s Late Night Slice are bringing back Hot Mikey’s Takeover pizza with proceeds benefiting Columbus Diaper Bank. Details are here. Stay tuned, we have an extra special kindness twist to share on Thursday!
✔️ Buy a ticket for Columbus Underground’s Best Bites: Sweet Treats event this Thursday! The cherry on top is that a portion of your ticket supports the Gifts of Kindness Fund, which makes life-changing grants for families with emergency needs.
✔️ Get A Pho, Give A Pho. On Friday, February 24, check in on the Yelp mobile app to buy a pho and give a pho at Tot Vietnamnoms! Even better, you can choose to donate your second meal to Faith Mission shelter. Yes, this is pho-real. Details are here.
❤️ Join our #KindnessSquad by completing these three acts!
- Inspire our community to do kindness by sharing your favorite quote, song lyric, photo or even your own unique act of kindness with #givekindnesscolumbus.
- Pick a song or two (maybe even a whole set list!) that you find inspiring and share with a friend to inspire their kindness, too!
- Support a local artist by attending a performance or visiting an exhibit. Columbus has so many wonderful arts organizations, institutions and shops that kindly share their talents with us every day. Let’s share the love with them by cheering them on and spreading the word about the ones that inspire you with #givekindnesscolumbus.
❤️ And, don’t forget about these #givekindnesscolumbus ongoing opportunities!
- Like daily inspiration? Follow Give Kindness Columbus on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
- Want to inspire? Become a Kindness Ambassador by sharing your own unique acts of kindness using the hashtag #givekindnesscolumbus.
- Watch your kindness multiply! Every time you post a photo and use the hashtag #givekindnesscolumbus, Re:work Furnishings will donate a handmade keychain to a family emerging from poverty and moving into a new home.
- Support one of Columbus’ immigrant-owned restaurants. Click here to see Six One Fork’s delicious recommendations!
- Pick up Besa’s signature scent with the Give Kindness candle! All month long, The Candle Lab in the Short North is selling the limited edition candle with proceeds benefiting critical need impact projects.
- Purchase your very own limited edition Give Kindness Homage t-shirt with a portion of the proceeds benefiting the Dress for Success Columbus fitting room project!
Read more about this week’s theme in the blog.
Check back on February 27th for the next theme and more ways to spread kindness!