Mission to colonize the newly discovered planet Uchore
Cometh Galaxy needs you! Prove your Spaceship battle skills and win Epic Rewards!
Crewmates, a discovery of the utmost importance for the Cometh Galaxy has been made. A yet unexplored planet at the edges of the known universe, immensely rich in rare and extremely valuable resources, has reportedly been found.
Rumor has been spreading fast throughout the sector of detailed reports of a planet, now named Uchore, at the literal edge of the known universe. Further than any human, Al’Ong, Wizard or any other friendly species has traveled, this planet is deemed to be actually made of elements that are usually found in tiny traces in our galaxy. With these resources, ships could be upgraded, space stations made into living paradises, and energy for travel and habitation basically made infinite. The problem is, getting there (and back).
The rumor mill started first amongst the elite, with confidential reports mysteriously handed to human leaders on the major colonies. The source of the reports is still unknown, but no reason for ill intent has yet been discovered. Trade and gossip have now spread the word of this extraordinary concentration of rare resources throughout the sector, with every economy and force quickly gathering information to be able to launch a mission. Humans and their allies still have a slight edge as the holders of the reports: With flight plans detailing the use of anchored pulling locations and wormholes, the only thing that is still needed is an expeditionary squadron.
None of the colonies have managed to muster a mission to take on the challenge, needing to keep their elite ships on hand to guard their outposts. Therefore the trillionaire Wizard Aquila has taken a step out of his customary private position as a leader in the galactic economy and volunteered to sponsor the expedition. As someone who is at the forefront of new technology and business ventures, he is in a prime position to divest his resources and expertise to a willing crew of adventurers (and thereby also be first in line when any profits come rolling in).
With the whole Galaxy talking about Uchore and what treasures may or may not lie there, the list of hopefuls to join the adventure is increasing exponentially! To this end, Aquila is hosting a Tournament to whittle down the aspirant pilots in three qualifying rounds, known as Space Cups. The final 16 will receive adulation beyond anything they’ve known so far and the kind of rewards befitting a comrade of Aquila’s, even before the mission starts.
This is not your average contest. Combatants are already in training to max out their skills and abilities, ready for the Tournament to start. The pressure is on, and this is proving to be a battle that nobody can afford to miss out on. And as the saying goes, if you don’t play, you can’t win.
Uchore is a single-player-based competition. Each competing player must be an Eligible Participant. An Eligible Participant is a natural person and can not be registered more than once for the Tournament, including under a different username.
The Tournament will be played in two parts: three Space Cups and a Starmageddon. The three Space Cups will start on July 22nd, August 5th, and August 19th, 12 PM CET — and each will run for seven days. The Starmageddon will be played on September 6th & September 7th in a double elimination bracket. Matches will be played in a best-of-three except for the Grand Finals, which will be played in a best-of-five. For the Grand Finals, the player coming from the Winner Bracket will be granted a one-point advantage in the match.
Let’s continue to the Tournament rules 👇
The Tournament will be played in two parts, three Space Cups and a Starmageddon:
Space Cup format
Space Cups will be played in two parts, a regular play phase, and a playoff bracket. The ranked leaderboard, as well as the players’ ELO, will be reset on each Space Cup start date.
Regular Play phase will run for 7 days for each Space Cup:
- Space Cup #1: 22/07/2022 at 12PM CET to 29/07/2022 at 12PM CET
- Space Cup #2: 05/08/2022 at 12PM CET to 12/08/2022 at 12PM CET
- Space Cup #3: 19/08/2022 at 12PM CET to 26/08/2022 at 12PM CET
- Players can play an unlimited amount of ranked battles during the Space Cups.
- At the end of each Regular play phase, the top 16 players in the leaderboard of the ranked play mode will qualify for the Playoff bracket. In case of a tie in the leaderboard, rankings will be determined by the win rate ratio of each player during the mission, then by the results of head-to-head confrontations, and finally, the win ratio of tied players versus the other Top 16 participants.
- Playoff bracket play will consist of a single elimination bracket with 16 players played over two days in a best-of-three format on the following dates:
- Space Cup #1: 01/08/2022 & 02/08/2022
- Space Cup #2: 15/08/2022 & 16/08/2022
- Space Cup #3: 29/08/2022 & 30/08/2022
Players’ seeding will be determined by their rank on the leaderboard. When a match begins, the player with the highest seed will decide if he wants to act first or second in the first game. After that, the loser of the previous game gets to choose if he wants to act first or second in the following game.
- After each Space Cup, Players will be awarded points based on their ranking in the Playoff:
- Top 1: 15 points
- Top 2: 11 points
- Top 3: 8 points
- Top 4: 6 points
- Top 5–8: 4 points
- Top 9–16: 2 points
- Top 17–50: 1 point
- After the three Space Cups, the Top 16 players with the most accumulated points will qualify for the Starmageddon.
The Starmageddon will be played on 06/09/2022 & 07/09/2022 in a double-elimination bracket. Matches will be played in a best-of-three format, except for the Grand Finals, which will be played in a best-of-five. For the Grand Finals, the Player coming from the Winner Bracket will be granted a one-point advantage in the match.
The participants that successfully place in a Space Cup will receive the following monetary prizes:
- TOP 1: $420 USDC (After Playoffs phase)
- TOP 2: $270 USDC (After Playoffs phase)
- TOP 3: $180 USDC (After Playoffs phase)
- TOP 4: $120 USDC (After Playoffs phase)
- TOP 5 to 8: $60 USDC each (After Playoffs phase)
- TOP 9 to 16: $48 USDC each (After Playoffs phase)
- TOP 17 to 30: $24 USDC each
- TOP 31 to 40: $18 USDC each
- TOP 41 to 50: $12 USDC each
- TOP 51 to 100: $9 USDC each
- TOP 101 to 150: $6 USDC each
The participants that successfully place in the Starmageddon will receive the following monetary prizes:
- TOP 1: $1500 USDC
- TOP 2: $900 USDC
- TOP 3: $660 USDC
- TOP 4: $480 USDC
- TOP 5: $300 USDC
- TOP 6 to 12: $240 USDC each
- TOP 13 to 16 : $120 USDC each
Now, Crewmate, it is time to refuel your Spaceship, put your helmet on, and prepare to show everyone in the Galaxy you’re the best pilot for the mission to Destination: Uchore and win the Grand Prize! 👨🚀🚀
For more Cometh updates and discussions: