Hoge Finance Announces Listing on BigONE Exchange
What the global reach of the top 25 exchange will mean for Hoge Finance
“One of my goals for future AMAs as well is to kinda introduce our team to the Hoge community… I never would have imagined 4 or 5 weeks ago to see this level of talent.” — Jrocko3 (Operations Lead)
The latest hoge.finance Discord AMA that also dropped on YouTube last night is available below. In this article, I’ll summarize my main takeaways.
- As has been previously discussed, the Hoge Finance company is being formed by early investor Marp All, with the assistance of Hance Legal and the Hoge Core team. That entity is now able to enter into some limited contractual agreements even though it is still awaiting final registration within the French legal system.
- The Hoge Core team had an agreement with BigONE exchange ready to go as their top choice because Asian markets are showing excellent volume and investment. BigONE has deep penetration into Korean, Chinese, Japanese, and Russian markets. BigONE is interested in developing a strong partnership with HOGE and has been very supportive.
- Part of the support BigONE will provide includes two trade pairs rather than just one (USDT/HOGE and ETH/HOGE), several days of promotion on the main website, multiple articles written about Hoge in tech magazines & newspapers, translation services, and promotion by Asian influencers.
- At this time HOGE is unlikely to migrate to the Binance Smart Chain (BSC). Some in the community keep asking for BSC integration because it would significantly reduce gas fees and would give a temporary price boost. However, the reason for this decision is that if two systems are interacting then any legal regulation on one system exposes the other to the same regulations. Therefore, being on BSC would significantly limit collaboration with other projects as well as top exchanges.
- On the topic of high transaction costs, Hogeman, Chief Technology Officer, is very confident that integration with MATIC will significantly reduce gas fees for HOGE. This solution allows HOGE to remain in the Ethereum ecosystem as an ERC-20 token, which the team considers to be crucial to delivering on the promise of “DeFi made easy”.
- NFT minting, e-commerce, a DAO governance model, partnerships with other DeFi projects, additional exchange listings, and esports are all on the horizon for Hoge Finance. There are currently teams spontaneously forming, connecting with Core Hoge, and working on each of these projects.
- The nonprofit Hoge Foundation is being formed in Switzerland because of the legal advantages for brand protection in that jurisdiction. Charity will always be a central feature for the HOGE community.
- After the question, “When the team launched Hoge did you ever imagine being listed on a top exchange like BigONE,” Hogeman elaborated that the Hoge Core team are not the token’s original creators. The two developers that initially made HOGE gave up on it after only a few days. Initial investors still saw potential in the idea, took responsibility for the code, and salvaged the project as a bottom-up, community-led initiative. The vision for HOGE is one that we are all actively building together, rather than one that was preplanned by a central authority.
“We’re all trying to get to the moon but there’s a reason they sent dogs first.” — Wiser (Business & Partnerships)
“If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.” — Hogeman (Chief Technology Officer)
“It was honestly genius, because we committed to the team that we were going to get listed on the exhange, and definitely wanted to make sure that happened.” — Wasso
HOGE is the future of DeFi. This is the brand that will popularize a new approach to finance, making it mainstream in the months and years to come.
If you want to be part of building that future, join us at nation.hoge.finance to be part of deciding how the DAO, the French Hoge Finance Company, and the Swiss Foundation should interact with the voting power of the HOGE token.