Bi-Weekly Progress Report: September 28–October 25, 2020
Summarizing Conflux Network’s latest progress and activities.
- New Scan development and test.
- Finished JS-SDK 1.0 development.
- Tested system before network launch.
- Conflux Network has partnered with Stablecorp, runner and operator of QCAD, a transparent, secure, 1:1 Canadian dollar stablecoin. The partnership aims to build a bridge between Chinese and Canadian markets and provide a more efficient rail to transfer value between the two markets. Conflux and Stablecorp hope to explore QCAD implementation on Conflux’s network in the near future, as well. Read more here.
- Conflux has announced a partnership with Fetch.ai, a Cambridge-based artificial intelligence lab building an open-access decentralized machine learning network for smart infrastructure. The partnership will pave the way for the adoption of AI and cross-chain interoperability among blockchain-based systems. Read more here.
- Conflux has announced its first virtual hackathon, “Hacking Decentralized Commerce”, in collaboration with Gitcoin and co-sponsored by Aave and Chainlink. The hackathon will take place online from November 2nd — November 22nd. Teams and individuals can sign-up on Gitcoin. Conflux is giving away $10k+ in Conflux tokens and additional bounties from our hackathon partners. Register for our hackathon here.
- Conflux CTO Dr. Wu Ming was invited to the POW’ER 2020 DEFI Innovator Conference and gave a speech on the topic “How Public Chains Will Become the Perfect World of DeFi”.
- Conflux co-founder Dr. Zhang Yuanjie was invited to participate in “Sharing of New Trends in Encrypted Finance in 2020, The Establishment Ceremony of the Institute”, and had a roundtable discussion with the theme of “The Second Half of Crypto Finance”.
- Conflux was invited to the annual 2020 “Star Power” Award Ceremony hosted by Boliancaijing and was awarded “The Blockchain Project With the Most Technical Strength”. Additionally, our mascot ConFi was recognized as an influencer and awarded “Blockchain Pioneer of the Year”.
- Conflux Oceanus GPU Mining Testing is ongoing. The amount of GPU mining nodes and CPU trustnodes have reached 225 and 637, respectively. The computing power of the whole network participating in the Mining Testing exceeded 41G hash/second.
- Conflux Network Marketing Manager Christian was invited to participate in an online AMA hosted by the MoonSwap community on “Emerging DeFi Trends”.
- Conflux Korea was invited to participate in an online AMA hosted by the 4 Dollars community.
- Conflux Network invited strategic partners Fetch.AI and Stablecorp to participate in online AMAs within the Conflux China community
- An offline seminar was held at the Shanghai Tree Graph Blockchain Research Institute. Conflux Core System & Infrastructure Engineer Liu Yanpei, Leitu Technology Founder Zhixian, Near Protocol Co-Founder Illia Polosukhin, and Mykey Research Director Yao Xiang attended the seminar and shared their entrepreneurship experiences and blockchain knowledge from different perspectives.
- Conflux Principal Software Engineer Peter held two online lectures for the University Students Entrepreneurship Camp.
- Conflux Network has officially launched its Turkish community and welcomes anyone to join the Turkish speaking community.
- ConfluxScan v2.0.0 was testing.
- ShuttleFlow was testing.
- ConfluxPortal v0.4.3 was released.
About Conflux Network
The only state endorsed public, permissionless blockchain project in China, Conflux Network is an open-source, layer-1 blockchain protocol delivering heightened scalability, security, and extensibility for the next generation of open commerce, decentralized applications, financial services, and Web 3.0. Conflux Network is overseen by a global team of world-class engineers and innovative computer scientists, led by Turing Award recipient Dr. Andrew Yao. Fostering entrepreneurship and innovation, Conflux elevates startups and organizations across industries and continents to generate decentralized marketplaces and digital assets for meaningful business and social impact. Founded in 2018, Conflux has raised $35 million in capital from prominent investors including Sequoia China, Metastable, Baidu Ventures, F2Pool, Huobi, IMO Ventures, and the Shanghai Municipal Science and Technology Commission.