The Data Engineering Manifesto
Sketchnote summary of Data Minded’s Data Engineering Manifesto talk.
Kris Peeters and Pascal Knapen from Data Minded present the Data Engineering Manifesto: 9 key points for Data Engineers. The manifesto results from their experience working with clients on real-world data applications.
- We are Software Engineers
- Data is a Product
- Enable by providing self-service solutions
- Embrace Cloud & Managed services
- Batch processing is easier than stream
- Aim for simplicity through consistency
- Notebooks are for research, not for development
- Data scientists are colleagues, not enemies
- SQL is the lowest common denominator
Originally published at https://connectingdots.xyz on May 25, 2021.