The most interesting development related links the team read about this week, summarized by Frank Rittinger.
This week we will have a look at the server side of life and into microservices and serverless architectures with some tutorials.
- A quick guide to microservices with the micronaut framework
In our company Spring Boot/Cloud is the de-facto standard for Java microservices. However there are other frameworks worth having a look at.
- Setup of a Local Kubernetes and Istio Dev Environment
Sometimes it’s more convenient as a developer to work on your local environment (for example on the train in Germany). This article gives insights on how to set up a local Kubernetes environment without the overhead of a real cluster.
- 10 Tips for Building and Managing Containers
This article presents bets practices on how to work with Docker conatiners and Kubernetes clusters.
- API Development Using AWS Serverless Architecture
A small example in settiung up a serverless application on AWS which touches the standard components in AWS you will encounter most of the time while developing in the serverless stack.
- From Zero to Kubernetes: The Fast Track
A brief tutorial on setting up a Kubernetes cluster with a minimal Spring boot application.