The most interesting development related links the team read about this week, summarized by Frank Rittinger.
- What is Serverless and What it Means for You — Part 1
A nice intro for serverless computing and the first part of a three-part story.
- Monolith to Microservices With the Strangler Pattern
One possible solution for the classical problem of moving your old monoliths into the future of microservice architectures.
- Using Golang to Building Microservices at The Economist: A Retrospective
A very nice read on hands-on experiences on how Go was used in a real world microservice architecture.
- How Kafka Solves Common Microservice Communication Issues
When ever you have more than one microservice and data that needs to be shared between services, Kafka is one of the first players that come to my mind. A short introduction.
- The JDKs: Which One to Use?
A possible answer for one of the most asked questions in the Java world this fall.
Thanks for reading and a marvelous Weekend 🍺🖖
Happy third advent ️️🕯️🕯️🕯️