The BNB Beacon Chain (former Binance Chain) is in the process of being retired, and BEP-2 standard COS tokens will stop circulating in April 2024. After the termination of the BNB Beacon Chain, COS tokens will still be circulating on these blockchains: Contentos Mainnet (as a native token), BNB Smart Chain (as a BEP-20 standard token), and Ethereum (as an ERC-20 standard token).
Please read through this article and follow the instructions to migrate your BEP-2 tokens as soon as possible to prevent asset loss.
The BNB Chain community has decided to retire the BNB Beacon Chain (BC) as the BNB Smart Chain (BSC) has evolved and the cross-chain mechanism has become a burden and security weak spot for the ecosystem. This retirement process has begun and is expected to impact BEP-2 token transactions in April 2024. For more information, please refer to the following document on BNB Chain. (https://docs.bnbchain.org/docs/bcfusion/overview)
Instructions for COS token holders
Holding COS tokens on the Contentos Mainnet
There will be no impact on tokens held on the Contentos Mainnet. You will still be able to convert your Mainnet COS tokens to other token standards through our official token bridge. (https://swapcos.contentos.io)
Holding COS tokens on Centralized Exchanges (CEX)
- Please check if the CEX supports token withdrawals in either the ERC-20 or BEP-20 standard.
- You do not need to do anything if the ERC-20 or BEP-20 standards are supported.
- If the BEP-2 COS token is the only supported standard, please consult the CEX to start the token migration process. You can also withdraw the tokens to your BEP-2 wallet and convert them on your own. (See instructions below)
Holding COS tokens in wallets
- If you are using our recommended Trust Wallet, simply click on the “Swap” button in the COS asset page, enter the amount to swap, and the BEP-2 to BEP-20 conversion will be completed in a few minutes. (BNB gas fee required)
- You can also convert your BEP-2 COS tokens to other standards through our official token bridge (https://swapcos.contentos.io) or simply deposit them to a CEX that supports ERC-20 or BEP-20 standard token withdrawals.
Thank you for taking the time to process the COS token migration. We are working closely with the BNB Chain community to ensure the BEP-2 token retirement and COS token migration are completed safely and smoothly. For more information, please refer to the links below:
- BNB Beacon Chain Sunset: https://docs.bnbchain.org/docs/bcfusion/overview
- BEP-20 COS: https://bscscan.com/token/0x96dd399f9c3afda1f194182f71600f1b65946501
- BEP-2 COS: https://explorer.bnbchain.org/asset/COS-2E4
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to email@example.com.