Convergence Finance Introduces Community Roles on Discord Server
Convergence Finance will be forming a DAO for Convergers to make many of the critical decisions that will define Convergence moving forward. Our future DAO council members will be chosen from nominations made by the community. To facilitate this event, we are introducing community roles in our Discord server for you to leave your mark on the protocol. Find as many niches as possible to meaningfully contribute to the protocol and be rewarded for your contributions while becoming a stronger community together! No matter how you participate, the most important thing for the community is that you are active and present.
Hint: Our Discord server roles will help you run for our future DAO council!
We are introducing four community tracks for Convergers to participate and get involved with: Engagement, Trading, Documentation, and Development. Convergers may participate in more than one track, and receive rewards that come with roles you have achieved. Here are the ways you can get involved with the community:
Everyone starts as a Converger, contributing meaningfully to advance in the community.
You may earn this special role by boosting the server to directly contribute to the heart of Convergence.
Confluencer → Big Confluencer → Huge Confluencer
You may advance through the engagement track by engaging with the community, for example:
- Helping out other community members by answering questions, providing necessary info, etc.
- Sharing especially well made or funny memes and infographics in our #memes channel
- Submitting animated logos, emojis etc. in our #emojis channel. Bonus points for outstanding work which will be accepted for official use on our server!
- Make videos and/or create social media content for Convergence. Don’t forget to DM our admins with a link to your work.
- Participate in events hosted in our #games channel
Analyst → Associate
- Share quality TA content in our #trading channel, it does not have to be $CONV related!
- Begin sharing original TA content to be considered for a promotion to Associate
- Participate in TA/trading related events and competitions
We would like to emphasize the importance of consistency for roles in our Engagement and Trading tracks. You will not maintain your role and the rewards that go along with it if we find that you have been inactive or producing subpar content for a period of time.
Scribe → Master Scribe
- Create in-depth material related to the inner workings of the protocol that will be used as part of the official documentation of the protocol
- Write a how-to tutorial in your own words
- Write an article about Convergence
- Find typos or grammatical errors on our official documentation
- Start discussions and share your work in our #documentation channel and stay tuned for tasks posted in our #quests channel!
Engineer → Senior Engineer
- Earn this role by actively finding and testing for bugs
- Contribute to feature improvements on GitHub commits
- Show us your work in our #bug-bounty and #development channels, and look out for tasks posted in our #quests channel!
Convergers can earn roles and rewards organically as well as through participating in events. Here are the basic framework for rewards:
Alice has received the most votes and won in the ‘badge design competition’, she will receive the ‘Confluencer’ role and $100 in CONV.
Bob has been consistently posting memes and helping out in the community for a period of time. Our moderator nominates Bob for the ‘Confluencer’ role and was accepted by Convergence team. Bob receives the ‘Confluencer’ role. One month later, Bob is nominated for the ‘Big Confluencer’ role by consistently engaging with the community and receives the ‘Big Confluencer’ role as well as $200 in CONV.
After earning the ‘Engineer’ role in a quest, Charlie has been consistently finding and testing for bugs for 2 months. Our moderators nominate Charlie for the ‘Senior Engineer’ role. After review, Charlie receives the ‘Senior Engineer’ role and is rewarded with a one-time $1000 in CONV.
Daisy is both ‘Huge Confluencer’ and ‘Associate’, she earns $100 per month from being a ‘Huge Confluencer’ as well as $100 per month as an ‘Associate’. After a month, Daisy has been producing subpar TA content and is demoted to ‘Analyst’. She will no longer earn $100 per month from being an ‘Associate’, but will continue to earn $100 per month from being a ‘Huge Confluencer’.
Eden is a ‘Confluencer’ and a ‘Scribe’, he will maintain these roles even if he is inactive for an extended period of time.
How it works
In addition to gaining roles through participating in events, our moderators will nominate you for a role if you have been active and contributing positively in our channels. If you feel like your efforts have gone unnoticed, feel free to DM any of our admins and we will gladly review your contributions.
Join our Discord server now and stay tuned for upcoming events!
About Convergence Finance
Convergence is the first AMM to make private tokens interchangeable in the DeFi space by fractionalizing them using a single easy-to-use interface and composable with other DeFi protocols. Convergence enables originators to take advantage of DeFi’s liquidity, while DeFi users can access exotic private exposure unavailable to them before. Convergence Finance combines the edge of a lowered investment entry barrier with the liquidity, automation, and transparency features of DeFi to bring exclusive investment exposure to all DeFi users.