The Top Trends According To Eat. Sweat. Undress. Hair Fragrance Founder, Alexia P. Hammonds
In honor of National Fragrance Day — March 21, 2021 — I reached out to Alexia P. Hammonds Founder of Eat. Sweat. Undress to share with me the top trends in the fragrance industry, with a sprinkle of fun facts, just in time for the coveted holiday. Read below to find out 5 fun facts about the industry and also more about her company.
Eat. Sweat. Undress. (ESU), a lifestyle brand providing high quality wellness, fitness, beauty and fashion products, announced the release of its debut hair fragrance collection, “The Alexia P. Hammonds Collection”, inspired by its founder late last year. Available in five signature scents, the new ESU perfumes were manufactured exclusively in Grasse, France, with Hammonds becoming the first ever black woman to formulate hair fragrances in Grasse, the historic home for perfume.
- Beauty (and Fragrance) Is Trending Up During COVID: “Sales have skyrocketed across the beauty industry as a whole,” Hammonds adds. “In such a time of uncertainty, people want to control what they can make and make surcharges that make them feel good. Hair care and fragrances are doing really well now.”
- Yes, Hair Perfume is A Thing! “Hair mist is making a huge splash in the fragrance industry as an ancillary item, which is why ESU’s debut collection has been so successful. While ESU’s fragrances are formulated safely for hair, never spray regular perfumes in your hair as the alcohol content is too high and strong. It will leave hair dry, brittle and cause breakage.”
- Top Notes or Scents Currently Trending in Fragrance: “People are really into Oud, Caramel, Tobacco, Orange Blossom, Tiare, Musk, Lily of the Valley, and Gaicwood. However, Oud ranks tops and is definitely a buzzword with consumers of fragrance right now. This fragrance invokes warm, smoky notes with tinges of dampened wood. Although often blended with florals and fruits, the overall scent is musky and sensual.”
- Eau De Parfum vs. Eau De Toilette: What’s the Big Difference? “EDP has a higher percentage of perfume oil — 15–20%. EDT is only 5–15%. Consumers are more in favor of EDP currently because of its lasting power. Parfum (stronger than EDP) has the highest test oil concentration and is the priciest, with the longest lasting power.”
- Trends for Men? Now Entering Beard Fragrances: “Beard fragrances are in demand, with Eat. Sweat. Undress. offering a unisex perfumed Hair Mist that is great for use on beards.”
Alexia P. Hammonds is the Founder and CEO of Eat. Sweat. Undress., a female led brand that offers fitness, wellness, beauty, and fashion products and services to enhance the lives of women. She’s proud to be recognized as the first Black woman to create perfume in Grasse, France, the historic home of perfume. As a classically trained Pilates Instructor, former Beauty Editor, and a regular product and fashion segment television guest, Alexia decided to channel her collective 15 years of experience into retail brand that empowers women and inspires them to live a healthy, sexy, confident life unapologetically and on their own terms.
For more on what’s trending and on Alexia P. Hammonds, visit EatSweatUndress.com.