Bonus Recipe #8: Homemade Fries
For when you have a ton of potatoes
This is one of the many recipes that Aaron and I want to share with you. We are overjoyed for you to come with us on our journey as we put together different concoctions and laugh together (all while hoping to not burn our apartment down). Please enjoy these recipes as much as we have. We welcome you to a small, but intentional, part of our lives.
What You’ll Need
- 5–6 Russet Potatoes
- Olive Oil (2 Tablespoons)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Garlic Powder (1/4 teaspoon)
- Chili Powder (1/2 teaspoon, or whatever your preference)
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Cooking Spray (you guys know me, coconut oil works great!)
How We Did It
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with Cooking Spray.
3. Peel potatoes and soak them in cool water so they do not brown while you are peeling the others.
4. Once peeled, dry off potatoes with a clean kitchen towel so they do not slip when you cut them.
5. Cut potatoes into long slices and put in a large container (with a top).
6. Add Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Chili Powder to potatoes, make sure lid is on container, and shake well until seasonings stick.
7. Dump fries onto baking sheet/parchment paper.
8. Bake for 25 minutes. Flip and bake for another 25–30 minutes (or until desired crispness).
9. Serve with your favorite condiment and enjoy!