Recipe 30: Taco Potatoes
A spin on our favorite food.
This is one of the many recipes that Aaron and I want to share with you. We are overjoyed for you to come with us on our journey as we put together different concoctions and laugh together (all while hoping to not burn our apartment down). Please enjoy these recipes as much as we have. We welcome you to a small, but intentional, part of our lives.
If you would like to read the post that accompanies this recipe, check it out here.
What You’ll Need
- 2–4 Russet Potatoes
- Turkey Burger
- Taco Seasoning (see our homemade and less greasy recipe here)
- Cheese Sauce (“aka liquid gold” — Michael Schoettle)
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sour Cream
- Aluminum Foil
- Cooking Spray
How We Did It
- Scrub potatoes with a brush to clean off all of the dirt.
2. Spray aluminum foil with cooking spray and wrap the potatoes in it.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 60 minutes.
4. While potatoes are baking, brown turkey burger and add taco seasoning to it. Let simmer.
5. Cut tomatoes into chunks.
6. Heat cheese.
7. Remove potatoes from oven (carefully!) and cut/flatten on plate.
8. Add taco meat, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, and whatever other toppings onto potatoes.
A Final Note
Aaron and I had so much fun cooking this recipe together. We loved putting our own spin on it but we do need to give credit where it is due. Find the original recipe here: http://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/taco-potatoes/