Recipe 46: Cheeseburger Quesadillas
Try something new…it might be worth it!
This is one of the many recipes that Aaron and I want to share with you. We are overjoyed for you to come with us on our journey as we put together different concoctions and laugh together (all while hoping to not burn our apartment down). Please enjoy these recipes as much as we have. We welcome you to a small, but intentional, part of our lives.
If you would like to read the post that accompanies this recipe, check it out here.
What You’ll Need
- Ground Turkey Burger (16 oz)
- Olive Oil (2 Tablespoons)
- Yellow Onion, diced (1 medium)
- Worcestershire Sauce* (2 Tablespoons)
- Ketchup (1/4 cup)
- Real Bacon Bits (1/4 cup)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Onion powder (2 teaspoons)
- Garlic powder (2 teaspoons
- Cheddar Cheese (2 cups)
- Large Tortillas* (1 per serving)
- Coconut Oil
*Due to dietary needs, we used gluten free alternatives
How We Did It
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dice onions and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add diced onions to skillet and let them cook for 5 minutes, or until they become translucent.
- Add ground turkey burger to skillet with the onions and cook thoroughly.
- Once turkey burger is cooked, add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, bacon bits, salt and pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Stir until mixed and simmer on low heat for 5–7 minutes.
- On a large baking sheet, place tortillas on top and add meat mixture and spread evenly on half of the tortilla shell.
- Sprinkle a little bit of cheese on top and fold the other half of the tortilla so it makes a half-circle.
- Brush coconut oil on top.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes or until the tortilla shell becomes crisp and the cheese is bubbling.
- Let cool for a few minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
A Final Note
Aaron and I had so much fun cooking this recipe together. We loved putting our own spin on it but we do need to give credit where it is due. Find the original recipe here:
These Cheeseburger Quesadillas are "stupid good" yo! Let me tell you the story how I discovered this idea. Last week I…bsugarmama.com