Recipe 61: Simple Bratwurst
My summertime craving
This is one of the many recipes that Aaron and I want to share with you. We are overjoyed for you to come with us on our journey as we put together different concoctions and laugh together (all while hoping to not burn our apartment down). Please enjoy these recipes as much as we have. We welcome you to a small, but intentional, part of our lives.
If you would like to read the post that accompanies this recipe, check it out here.
What You’ll Need
- Bratwurst (I steer clear of beer brats because…well, gluten)
- Griddle/Grill/Cast iron skillet (any hot surface, really)
- Toppings (ketchup, mustard, onions, etc.)
- Buns (if you so desire)
- Cooking Spray
How We Did It
- Heat your cooking surface (griddle, grill, cast iron skillet, etc.) on medium heat.
- Spray surface with cooking spray.
- Once heated, place bratwurst on cooking surface.
- Grill for at least 5 minutes on each side (or until thoroughly cooked through). Do not rush this — raw bratwurst is anything but delicious.
- Once cooked thoroughly, remove from surface and serve immediately on a bun (if you so desire) and with your favorite toppings.