Recipe 1: Honey Garlic Shrimp
Peel, Devein, and try not to gag
This is one of the many recipes that Aaron and I want to share with you. We are overjoyed for you to come with us on our journey as we put together different concoctions and laugh together (all while hoping to not burn our apartment down). Please enjoy these recipes as much as we have. We welcome you to a small, but intentional, part of our lives.
If you would like to read the post that accompanies this recipe, check it out here.
What You’ll Need
1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (prepare yourself!)
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
4 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons soy sauce (modification for gluten free: we used Tamari soy sauce)
Coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
Cast iron skillet
A rice cooker you never thought you needed
How We Did It
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Combine garlic, ginger, honey, and soy sauce. Divide in half.
- Marinate shrimp for 30 minutes while you teach your husband to use the nifty rice cooker you thought you never needed. Discard marinade.
- Over medium heat, seer shrimp in oil (dealers choice). The shrimp should cook on both sides for approximately 1 minute, or until browned.
- Remove shrimp from heat and add to brown rice.
- Drizzle remaining marinade over the shrimp and brown rice.
A Final Note
Aaron and I had so much fun cooking this together. We loved putting our own spin on it but we do need to give credit where it is due. Find the original recipe here: