Causes and Treatment for Infertility in Males
Infertility is not a condition that is associated only with women; male infertility is also the reason why many couples are not able to have a baby. There are many causes for male infertility. Some of them are listed below:
- Low or poor sperm count
- Poor sperm motility or the inability of the sperm to move properly to meet the egg
- Low count of sperm or abnormality of sperm can be caused by a variety of reasons, including:
Failure of one or both the testicles to descend from your abdomen into the scrotum can cause fertility problems
Another reason is varicocele — when the veins above the testicles are bulging
- Sometimes, testicular or prostate infections could also cause infection, leading to infertility
- If you have been undergoing chemotherapy, chances are you may have a fertility problem
- Some men produce antibodies that attack sperm and try to throw them out, causing infertility.
- Problems with the hormones could result in poor testosterone levels, and lead to infertility-related issues.
- Blockage in the ducts that carry sperm caused by injuries or illnesses could lead to infertility. In some men, there could be an absence of these ducts as well.
- Some men may suffer from certain chromosomal problems causing abnormality in the reproductive system.
- Men could also have trouble with erections or ejaculation (premature) or some psychological problems, leading to infertility
- Some surgeries could lead to the absence of sperm in ejaculate. They include prostate, testicular or scrotal surgeries.
- Certain drugs could also lead to a drop in fertility among men.
Lifestyle and environmental issues
Also, a variety of lifestyle issues such as stress, obesity, smoking, drug abuse or alcoholism could lead to infertility. Sometimes, environmental hazards, like X-ray exposure or radiation, could cause fertility issues.
- If you have hormonal imbalances, you will be asked o take some hormonal treatment. You could also be asked to take some medication to boost fertility.
- If you have been suffering from some kind of infection, you will be asked to go on an antibiotic course.
- A surgery to rectify certain problems could be suggested. If you have varicocele, surgery can correct that, as also the problem with blockage in sperm ducts. Even vasectomy can be reversed.
- Problems with erections/ejaculation are often solved by way of counseling and support.
- If you and your partner are trying to have a baby, you could also seek recourse to assisted reproductive technology methods. Sperm is obtained and used for methods like intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) or in-vitro fertilization (IVF).
If you are suffering from any of the problems associated with infertility, you could seek an appointment at a male infertility clinic Bangalore has. You will be asked to undergo some infertility tests such as semen and sperm analysis, a physical examination, testing for genetic issues and hormonal disorders. After the tests, you can seek male infertility treatment in Bangalore at a reputed healthcare service provider.