CoProcure is an early-stage, venture-backed technology startup building a marketplace for the $1.5T local public purchasing industry. Local government procurement is 7% of US GDP and touches the lives of hundreds of millions of Americans. But information inefficiencies in public purchasing cost taxpayers over $300B each year. CoProcure allows governments to find and reuse competitively bid contracts, saving staff time, taxpayer dollars, and reducing the cost of selling to governments for businesses. We’re backed by Leadout Capital and Neo. Join us as we improve public purchasing to reinvest billions of dollars into our communities where they matter most.
About this role
We’re recruiting a senior software engineer who will work on all parts of our product, from the web stack to data infrastructure. This is a chance to design and build lasting systems, own major products and pieces of infrastructure, and create a culture of excellence in engineering. You’ll have a large amount of autonomy, ownership in the product’s development, and leadership responsibility. You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy being a generalist. Frontend, backend — you’re willing to do anything it takes to solve problems and delight users.
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’re comfortable with high levels of ambiguity and autonomy.
- Are excited to have an outsized impact on our company and on the social and business consequences of making government more efficient.
- Architect and implement new features, products, and systems.
- Create and improve development and deployment processes.
- Manage and automate a pipeline to ingest millions of government contracts.
- Collaborate to identify and prioritize the most impactful improvements to our product.
- 5+ years of full-time, relevant industry experience in software engineering.
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Passion for impact.
Nice to have, not required:
- Experience building products that organize and/or analyze large amounts of data.
- Experience and/or interest in local government.
- Desire to grow into a management role.
This is an on-site, full-time position with our team based in San Francisco, CA.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Email Mariel at email@example.com with your resume and a brief statement of interest.
We’ll respond to all emails within a few days to confirm receipt, and we’ll follow up with you if we’d like to get more detail. Thank you!