We’re lucky to live in a city with such a robust coffee culture. But doesn’t that beg the question, which of the downtown coffee shops is the best? Most local blogs wouldn’t dare touch such a loaded question. I know just how loyal people can be to their coffeehouse of choice. But I’m not here to make friends, I’m here to drink coffee until I can see sound. Unhappy with the rankings? Too bad. That’s the way the biscotti crumbles.
- Blue Strawberry Coffee Company(Tie) — 118 2nd St SE
1. Brewed Awakenings (Tie) — 1271 1st Ave SE
1. Brewhemia (Tie) — 1202 3rd St SE #101
1. Coffee Emporium (Tie) — 220 3rd Ave SE
1. Dash Coffee Roasters (Tie) — 120 3rd Ave SW
1. The Early Bird Coffee Shop (Tie) — 333 1st St SE
1. Greyhound Deli & Cafe (Tie) — 450 5th St SE (Inside the Cedar Rapids Public Library)
1. Lightworks Cafe (Tie) — 501 7th Ave SE Suite B (Entrance is behind Benz Beverage Depot)
1. Roaster’s Coffeehouse (Tie) — 110 3rd St SE (Inside NewBo City Market)
10. Caribou Coffee — Seriously, you’re going to skip the nine amazing local coffee shops we’re lucky to have downtown and go to Caribou? Do better.