Cosmic Champs Development Update
Bigger Champs, Better Graphics, Uncommon NFTs and more
We’re a few weeks into closed beta testing, and thanks to all the efforts of the community, Cosmic Champs is now ready to release a new version of the beta game!
Here’s a development update from our CTO Simon Belingar, with all the details about what’s changed under the hood!
Get Ready for App build 0.7.1(b44)
In the next few days, you can expect to see the following message when you try to open up the closed beta app!
This is good news! It means that the new version of the Cosmic Champs game has been deployed. To install the new version, just click “Update Now” and follow the prompts
QOL improvements to gaming systems and player experience
Here’s what’s changed:
- You asked, we listened — it is a huge improvement!
- We also zoomed in the battle scene a bit. We also have larger changes to the battle arena planned but that will happen in a future update.
Here’s how work on the second arena is progressing:
Prettier graphics — With bigger units, it only made sense to up the visual quality as well.
Uncommon NFTs now available for their owners
- We also added temporary UI in the “DECK” menu, to allow selecting NFTs.
- NFTs currently do not enhance unit stats in any meaningful way, however we have all the functionality in place to add the change immediately after we are satisfied with the balancing in the dev environment.
Changes how winner is determined
- Victory (when timer runs out) is now determined by the number of remaining parts in each player’s base (2 turrets and 1 middle section). If there’s an equal number of parts remaining, the player with more HP remaining on the part with the lowest hp wins.
- Destroying the middle section of the base continues to yield immediate victory.
Reworked game update delivery system
- We are now able to add new skins, modify texts and tweak most of the other parameters of the game all without you needing to update the app.
- As a side effect of this change you might notice it takes longer to load the app for the first time We have ways to speed this up, but for now it’s not a high priority as we are not in the “optimization” stage yet.
- We are now logging even more (anonymous) data about games, strategies, damage dealt etc. While this does not have immediate effect for the gameplay it will greatly improve our balancing process and is laying the groundwork for in-game leaderboards and such.
- Fixed a bug where in certain scenario “Searching for an opponent” screen didn’t show after pressing Battle button.
- Fixed most of the known/reproducible cases of being stuck at “Opponent found” or “Starting match” screens.
- Fixed most of the known scenarios where splash screen didn’t cover top of the screen on taller devices when entering battle.
- Fixed multiple bugs with wallet disconnect and reconnect within same playing session
- We are keeping an eye on ram’s splash radius — but no changes were made in this version.
What’s next on the development roadmap:
- Add more NFT’s to the game
- Stats sheet
- S2 Characters and deck building
- V2 of the current battle arena
- Second battle arena
- Shifting focus to iOS version
We hope you look forward to playing the updated game! And don’t forget to come and battle Matty next week on Twitch to win COSG! https://www.twitch.tv/cosmicchamps
ABOUT COSMIC CHAMPS
Cosmic Champs is a play to earn, tower rush, real time strategy game developed by gaming studio, Mad Shapes. It aims to remove many of the existing barriers of entry for typical P2E games. This means it’s mobile first and no wallet, tokens, or NFTs are required to play. These innovations position Cosmic Champs to become the benchmark for crypto games in GameFi. The game will be available for Android and iOS devices late in 2022. Cosmic Champs NFTs are the gold standard in 3D game ready NFTs on the Algorand blockchain — a carbon negative blockchain built to be sustainable and secure, and the home to the FIFA+ Collect World Cup 2022 series of digital collectibles. The native governance token Cosmic Gold (COSG) is available on all major Algorand exchanges. Cosmic Champs graduated from the Algorand Foundation and Draper University Blockchain Accelerator Program in 2021 and conducted an over subscribed private sale led by Borderless Capital.
· 📌 Telegram
· 🎮 Discord
· 📺 Youtube