▶ Internal News
● Staff Interview: 10 Questions & Answers with Ellie Gang, Blockchain Service Engineer
- Please introduce yourself. My name is Ellie, I graduated with a B.S. in Computer Science from UC Berkeley. I contemplate and research how beauty and blockchain can come together into a service.
- What is your responsibility at Cosmochain? As a blockchain service engineer at Cosmochain, I try to research and develop a service that females — primary target users of beauty services — can use conveniently despite the fact that some may not be familiar with blockchain.
- One of the most frequently asked questions in blockchain are regarding “mainnet” selection. How is this process going? From last year, we have been carefully examining several mainnets. We have gone through considerable internal discussion, and are planning to make an official announcement in the near future.
- Could you tell us what the standards are for selecting a mainnet? Blockchain services are often thought to be slower than conventional services, and we are trying to break this prejudice. Thus, we prioritize 3S (speed, security, scalability).
- Are there a lot of love calls for Cosmochain? If so, why is it? Cosmochain almost deserves the label “hot”, and we really do get a lot of love calls. Cosmochain’s top priority is building an attractive service. If the service is attractive and friendly, interests of not only users but also investors and overall industry will grow naturally. I think Cosmochain team is doing well in such aspects.
- How will blockchain be integrated into FitsMe service? Different blockchain functions will be integrated step by step. First, we will collect and record 3P (profile, purchase, preference)— data which can be utilized in beauty industry, then refine and process such data to provide various values and services to both consumers and companies. In this process, token rewards will be distributed to users for their contribution. It should be noted that blockchain will not be integrated at the moment of the launching, but will be gradually implemented through updates.
- Why isn’t it integrated right away? When we launched COSMEE pilot service last year, contrary to our aim to attract female users as our service target, majority of the users were male crypto users, interested in token compensations. Our past experience demonstrated that, regardless of the service’s original purpose, people may use our service as a means to “mine”. In order to secure true users for our main service FitsMe, we will not integrate blockchain features right away.
- What role will Blockchain play within FitsMe? First, credibility for our service will be enhanced through fair reward for contribution of data. Second, blockchain will prevent arbitrary manipulation or loss of data created by users within the service. Through these functions, users will be able to enjoy the service, and Cosmochain will be able to derive insights using credible data.
- How would you evaluate Cosmochain team’s engineering capability? It may be a personal opinion, but I truly believe that our team’s capability is outstanding. Our team considers elements that previous blockchain services may have missed, and focus on developing UI so that users do not feel the shortcomings of blockchain service, which may be slow and complicated. Our team is constantly growing, and that makes me look forward to continue working with our team.
- Last words to our holders? More than anything, I would like to express sincere appreciation for the patience in waiting for a good service. Our team will try our best to make better services. Thank you for your interests.
▶ External News
- Consensus New York 2019 Cosmochain’s External team attended “Consensus New York 2019” from May 13 to 15, which is the biggest blockchain conference worldwide, attended by global political figures, as well as experts in blockchain technology, business, investment, finance, etc. Cosmochain continued in-depth discussions regarding investment with several institutions, and held meetings with global exchanges which will enhance usability for global users.
- China Business Trip Jiweon Suh, External Relations Director, went on a business trip to China in order to finalize the business for COSM’s global expansion, and has received positive feedback(?) regarding Cosmochain.
- Coffee Chat Cosmochain held three coffee chats, on May 17, 18 and 23 to share latest business updates, receive constructive feedback from holders, and address various concerns and questions. Please take note of the fact that our coffee chats are intended for long-term holders who invest on the basis of the company’s vision and business achievements, rather than short-term holders who will adjust their evaluation depending on COSM price.
- Xangle’s Blockchain Project Disclosure Information Session JuYong Kim, CBO of Cosmochain gave a keynote speech at “Information Session for Blockchain Project Disclosure” co-hosted by CrossAngle, Bithumb, GOPAX, CPDAX and Korbit. This session was attended by numerous project and exchange staffs, as well as media journalists. Productive discussion regarding project disclosure system was held. ** CrossAngle operates “Xangle” — a platform for blockchain project information disclosure, and Cosmochain has been utilizing Xangle for information disclosure since March 2019.
- Klaytn Partners’ Day On May 23, JuYong Kim (CBO) and Johnwook Choi (CTO) attended an event for Klaytn partners, held at Klaytn headquarter to discuss cooperation strategies.
▶ Ask Me Anything
(Answers to the most frequently asked questions within our community)
- Other than “Ulysses Capital”, are there additional investment news? We are currently discussing investment with several firms. However, we cannot disclose details prior to a mutual agreement. Furthermore, please note that many investment cases remain undisclosed, due to contract terms.
▶ Next This & That (June 07)
In our third issue, we will explore Cosmochain’s work culture and CEO Howon Song’s true nature(?).
Cosmochain is a blockchain-based beauty project, that aims to build an ecosystem which enables the transfer of fair values between users and companies within the beauty industry. During its three-month pilot service from August to November, 2018, COSMEE recorded DAU of 30,000 and registered users of 150,000. Cosmochain’s official service FitsMe is scheduled to launch within first half of 2019. Cosmochain plans to expand to overall lifestyle industry in the future.
Cosmochain Official Channels
● Cosmochain Web: https://cosmochain.io/ ● Telegram(Announce): https://t.me/cosmochainannouncement ● Telegram (KOR): https://t.me/cosmochain_english ● Telegram (ENG) : https://t.me/cosmochain_global ● KakaoTalk(KR): https://open.kakao.com/o/gAMfQpU ● Medium : https://medium.com/Cosmochain ● Twitter: https://twitter.com/cosmochain