This March, Cosmochain has been selected as a partner for Samsung Blockchain Wallet, which is a blockchain service for Samsung’s flagship device Galaxy S10.
Accordingly, Cosmochain’s cryptocurrency “COSM” and dApp “COSMEE” have been pre-installed in Samsung Blockchain Wallet.
2. What is Samsung Blockchain Wallet?
In March 2018, along with the launch of Galaxy S10, Samsung released a blockchain wallet application to support safe and convenient environment for cryptocurrencies and dApps.
Using Samsung Blockchain Keystore, Samsung Blockchain Wallet enables safe transfer of cryptocurrencies and convenient purchase of dApp contents.
Samsung Blockchain Wallet provides 1) wallet management service, 2) cryptocurrency transfer service, and 3) dApp content purchase service.
This mobile application is currently available on Galaxy S10 series and Galaxy Fold, in South Korea, United States and Canada.
3. Then, what is Samsung Keystore?
Samsung Keystore is a space — separate from Android OS, where private key necessary for blockchain signature are safely and conveniently stored.
Keystore supports features including 1) private key management — generation of new private key or import of existing private key, 2) PIN and fingerprint management — for protecting digital assets, and 3) digital signature — necessary for transferring cryptocurrency or purchasing items.
4. How does it work, exactly?
Samsung Blockchain Wallet has two features — 1) Wallet and 2) DApps. Cosmochain is supported in both features.
COSM is one of the 16 cryptocurrencies — along with Ethereum, TrueUSD, Basic Attention Token, BNB, etc. — supported as default within Samsung Blockchain Wallet.
Users can simply add COSM to their hard wallets by clicking “Add coin or token” button, then selecting “CosmoCoin”.
COSMEE is one of the four dApps pre-installed in Samsung Blockchain Wallet. COSMEE can be directly opened from the Samsung Wallet app, and by signing in through Samsung Keystore, users can directly send the rewards received from the dApp to their wallets.
- Open Samsung Blockchain Wallet, and click on the “DApps” menu.
- “COSMEE” will be among the four dApp services supported by Samsung Blockchain Wallet. Click to run COSMEE.
- Once the app launches, “Log-in with Samsung Keystore”.
- Confirm the wallet address information, and “Sign” to begin. Use fingerprint or pin to verify.
- Within “My Wallet” menu of COSMEE, users can view CosmoPower (CP) received as rewards. Click “Convert” to convert CP to COSM, and transfer to Samsung wallet.
5. So, what does it mean?
- COSMEE users can easily manage their COSM rewards without having to worry about losing their private key.
- Regardless of prior experience or knowledge of blockchain — which would be likely for many target users of COSMEE — users will be able to use our service with ease.
Cosmochain is a blockchain-based beauty project, that aims to build an ecosystem which enables the transfer of fair values between users and companies within the beauty industry. During its three-month pilot service from August to November, 2018, COSMEE recorded DAU of 30,000 and registered users of 150,000. Cosmochain’s official service FitsMe is scheduled to launch within first half of 2019. Cosmochain plans to expand to overall lifestyle industry in the future.
Cosmochain Official Channels
● Cosmochain Web: https://cosmochain.io/
● Telegram(Announce): https://t.me/cosmochainannouncement
● Telegram (KOR): https://t.me/cosmochain_english
● Telegram (ENG) : https://t.me/cosmochain_global
● KakaoTalk(KR): https://open.kakao.com/o/gAMfQpU
● Medium : https://medium.com/Cosmochain
● Twitter: https://twitter.com/cosmochain