How to create your personal KAVA account on Cosmostation Mobile Wallet (iOS/Android).
Since mainnet launch, KAVA Network has been running smoothly without a hiccup. We are extremely grateful to be a part of this journey with KAVA as an ecosystem partner to create a decentralized finance system that has the potential to disrupt the traditional financial world and bring real-world use cases to the blockchain industry.
We are more than a KAVA Validator
Cosmostation is an enterprise-level validator infrastructure provider and end-user application developer for various PoS networks, with a strong focus on networks built with the Cosmos SDK and Tendermint Engine.
We believe that providing secure and user-friendly tools for the KAVA ecosystem is just as important as operating a stable and secure validator node. End-user applications with good UI/UX improves the overall accessibility of the network as well as its appeal to the general masses. Below are some of the products we have developed for the KAVA ecosystem.
Mintscan for KAVA
Block explorer for exchanges & everyday users, built to fit the specification of KAVA Network. Currently used as the official KAVA explorer by most exchanges.
Web Wallet with Ledger hardware wallet integration. Connect your hardware wallet to make secure transactions on the KAVA Network.
End-to-end encrypted key management system for networks built with the Cosmos SDK. Open source, no installation required. Keystation allows users to access their personal accounts on Cosmostation Web Wallet even without a hardware wallet.
Cosmostation Mobile Wallet
Cosmostation is an open-source, non-custodial wallet for networks built with Tendermint. Cosmostation mobile wallet is the wallet of choice for the majority of users within the ecosystem. To learn more about Cosmostation Wallet and how the application keeps your funds safe & secure using local-signing, please read the blog posts below.
It’s finally here — The First Decentralized Mobile Wallet for The Cosmos Hub
Cosmostation just released the first mobile wallet for the Cosmos Hub — packed with features you need as an Atom…
Create your KAVA wallet on Cosmostation!
Here’s a detailed guide on how to create your KAVA wallet and begin securely sending, delegating, earning passive income in KAVA all in the palm of your hand.
#1 Download Cosmostation Wallet
Cosmostation Mobile Wallet is available in both iOS and Android. Search “Cosmostation” in Apple Store or Google Play to download and install the application.
#2 Create a KAVA wallet
Cosmostation Wallet supports KAVA, Cosmos, IRIS, and Binance Chain. Create your personal KAVA address after opening the application. If you already have a personal KAVA account, simply press “Import” to import your existing mnemonic phrase and load up your wallet.
Press “Create” -> “Kava Mainnet” -> “Show Mnemonics” -> Back up your mnemonic phrase and keep it in a safe place only accessible by you (Important)
Next, Insert your PIN -> Confirm your PIN -> Your personal KAVA wallet
- Please note that there is no way to recover your PIN once you lose it. Cosmostation does not store any user information.
- Please remember to keep your generated mnemonic phrase securely in a safe location only accessible to you. Losing your mnemonic phrase can lead to loss of your funds, and there is no way for you to recover them.
#3 Deposit KAVA to your address
If you do not have any KAVA in your account, you will need to deposit KAVA to your address to begin making transactions with your account.
Press the QR code icon on the left of your address -> Press “Copy” to copy your personal KAVA address.
- Send KAVA to your personal address from another personal address or from an exchange address.
- Please note that Cosmostation Wallet supports KAVA mainnet tokens, and not KAVA BEP tokens (KAVA Mainnet addresses start with “kava”). Make sure to check if the wallet you are sending your KAVA from is a KAVA mainnet address.
#4 Delegate your KAVA to validators
Now that you have KAVA in your account, you can make delegations to validators of your choice to start earning delegation rewards.
Press the “Delegate” button in the main dashboard -> Press the “Top” tab to view the top 100 validators open for delegation -> Select your favorite validator and press the “Delegate” button.
Enter the amount you wish to delegate -> Enter memo (optional) -> Select transaction fee -> Confirm Tx detail -> Enter PIN
- Please note that you will not be able to make additional transactions (claim rewards, send, etc.) if you delegate your entire available amount. Make sure to leave a minimal amount of KAVA for transaction fees for future transactions.
- Go to the “History” tab in the main dashboard to view your transaction history on Mintscan.
- Your total delegated(staked) amount will show up under “delegated” in the main dashboard.
#5 Claim your KAVA Rewards and re-invest for compound interest
Now that you’ve delegated your KAVA, your KAVA rewards will be accumulated on a per-block basis. Manually claim these unclaimed rewards in order to have it transferred to your available amount.
Press “Delegate” -> Press the validator you wish to claim rewards from under the “My” tab -> Press “Claim Reward” -> Press next to confirm your transaction -> Enter PIN
- Your claimed rewards will now show up under “available” in the main dashboard.
- Alternatively, you can press “Re-invest” button right next to the “Claim Reward” button to automatically claim your rewards and delegate the claimed rewards again to the validator. This will save you some additional steps and transaction fees if you are going to delegate the claimed rewards anyway.
#6 Withdraw KAVA from your account
Securely withdraw(send) your KAVA to another address.
Press the “Send” button (orange circle with the rocket icon) -> Enter recepient address -> Enter the amount you wish to withdraw -> Insert memo (optional) -> Select transaction fee -> Confirm Tx detail -> Enter PIN
- You can check your transaction history under the “History” tab in the main dashboard.
- Please note that if you are withdrawing funds to an exchange address, there may be a “memo” required. Most exchanges use a memo specifically assigned to each user to identify deposits and match them with corresponding accounts. If you withdraw funds to an exchange without including the required memo, your funds may get lost without a way to recover it.
#7 Undelegate from a validator
You can choose to undelegate a portion of your delegation. Undelegation from a validator takes up to 21 days for your funds to become available for transfer. During this period, the amount requested for undelegation will be displayed in the dashboard under “undonding.”
Press the “Undelegate” button -> Enter the amount you wish to undelegate -> Insert memo (optional) -> Select transaction fee -> Confirm Tx detail -> Enter PIN
- Once you send an undelegation transaction, the amount you undelegated will be in unbonding period for 21 days and therefore will not be available for transactions.
- If you wish to simply move a portion of your delegation from Vaidator A -> B without having to wait 21 days to be able to delegate that amount again, you can use the “Redelegation” feature.
Press the “Redelegate” button -> Enter the amount you wish to redelegate -> Select the validator you wish to redelegate to -> Insert memo (optional) -> Select transaction fee -> Confirm Tx detail -> Enter PIN
- By using this feature, you can redelegate a portion of your delegated KAVA to another validator without waiting 21 days to undelegate.
- There are several rules you should be aware of when using the redelegation feature. Please refer to the blog post on Cosmos redelegation below for more details on redelegation. The same rules apply for KAVA.
We are working closely with KAVA to bring our users an easy and convenient way to create CDPs (collateralized debt positions) directly through our mobile wallet. Please stay tuned in our official announcement channels for future updates.
Cosmostation is an enterprise-level node infrastructure provider based in Seoul, South Korea. We are a team of 10 developers, engineers, and dreamers united with one objective — to provide a universe full of useful tools and solutions for Tendermint-based projects.
Cosmostation’s operation philosophy is geared by and for the community. You’ve put your trust on us, and so should we. Along with high security, development of projects within the ecosystem, and our promise to delegators, Cosmostation will constantly update and research better ways to fairly reward and protect our delegators to expand the network.
Please visit the links below to begin this journey with Cosmostation!
Official Website: https://www.cosmostation.io/
Cosmos Web Wallet: https://wallet.cosmostation.io/
Cosmos Android Wallet: Android — Google Play Store
Cosmos iOS Wallet: iOS — iTunes App Store
Wallet User Guide: https://www.cosmostation.io/files/guide_EN.pdf
Block Explorer: https://kava.mintscan.io/