Keep the conversation going with Seat @ the Table Events
What if we could accelerate the learning that helps more women acquire the skills they need to get to the next level of management — whatever that level may be?
Seat @ the Table events are open to anyone wanting to help women in technology grow in management positions at every level. According to the 2016 Women in the Workplace Report by LeanIn.org, women are less likely to be promoted to manager so fewer end up on the path to leadership.
Seat @ the Table events are panels designed to share women-who-have-gone-before-you’s best advice to help manage your own career path.
When are the next official Seat @ the Table events?
- October 11, 2017 in New York City together with LeanIn.org
- Fall 2017 in the San Francisco/Bay area
I’d like to do this in my own city/company. What makes it a Seat @ the Table event?
- Women from every level of management (first two rungs are essential) together with more senior levels of management.
- Discuss: advocates, best advice to younger self, bias, failure, and what the next seat at a table is for each and how they’re getting ready for it. Time limit answers to two minutes so you get diverse perspectives across the panel.
- Take action: have everyone think about what they will do differently as a result of being there and encourage public comment #techseatattable.