Everything You Want To Know About COTI’s Universal Payment System
For those new to the COTI community, and for those that want to learn more, we’ll be releasing a series of tech guides over the next week detailing the COTI tech and what powers the COTI network. In the article below you can learn more about COTI’s Universal Payment System (UPS) and payment gateways.
Online payment platforms have yet to catch up with the times and are restrained by limited functionality and the lack of viable cryptocurrency solutions. PayPal and various other platforms are practical, but do not provide a full feature set designed to address digital payment requirements, inclusive of low FX costs and instant settlements.
The COTI Universal Payment System (UPS) reconciles the functionality of PayPal and other online payment gateways with that of the cryptocurrency world. COTI’s UPS provides a comprehensive payment solution that combines all existing support systems of traditional payment processors with the added value of digital assets.
- Instant payments for merchants: funds are credited to the merchant immediately and are backed by stable coins, which reduces friction and high costs for all parties by eliminating price volatility and FX costs.
- Universal processing of fiat and cryptocurrency: COTI’s UPS enables buyers to choose from many popular cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum, as well as fiat.
- COTI-X: allows consumers and businesses to buy, sell and swap crypto to and from fiat in the COTI Pay app.
- Low fees: the COTI UPS eliminates the need for third party processors, which significantly reduces costs.
- Buyer-seller protections: COTI’s Universal Payment Solution covers physical and virtual purchases, as well as crypto and fiat payments.
- COTI Interest: allows merchants to earn interest on stable coin account balances within the COTI Pay app.
- Prepaid cards: virtual debit cards can be used in-store (e.g., NFC Tap and Pay, or QR code payments) and online for merchants not yet accepting crypto.
- COTI Pay Plugins: allow the processing of crypto or fiat payments on any online store (e.g., Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento).
- COTI SDK: allows developers to add retail payment features to any application.
- COTI Whitelabel: enables merchants to issue their own coin and loyalty programs on COTI Pay. Merchant coins and loyalty points will remain internal to the COTI ecosystem.
While decades of retail payments confirm the pain points of fraud and processing costs for merchants, we find that consumer needs are distinctly different. Consumers evaluate payment instruments against five basic criteria:
Read the full UPS article here: https://medium.com/cotinetwork/coti-universal-payment-system-ups-8614e149ee76
Watch The COTI UPS video Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v_ruHS483g&t=26s
Take a look at the UPS roadmap here: https://medium.com/cotinetwork/a-first-look-into-cotis-universal-payment-system-ups-9e15be486cbb
COTI Payment Gateway
Last month, COTI has released the first iteration of the COTI Payment Gateway. This release allows merchants to accept Bitcoin easily and directly via their websites and forms the first piece of our all-encompassing payment solution, the COTI Universal Payment Solution.
Future releases of the COTI Payment Gateway will include support for Credit Cards, ETH, USDT, USDC and other popular cryptocurrencies.
The COTI Payment Gateway solution includes a “Pay with Crypto” button that is integrated via an easy to install the widget into the merchant’s website checkout page. Merchants are able to track and manage their crypto payments via access to their COTI Pay Business Merchant CRM.
Merchants will receive payment in the sending currency via default (in this case Bitcoin), however via the Merchant CRM they can choose to convert the transaction to a stable coin or directly to one of 35 fiat currencies by adding in their bank account details.
This will allow a consumer to pay in Bitcoin without waiting for the confirmation times of the Bitcoin network and the merchant to instantly receive Bitcoin in their merchant account.
Read the full article, and visit the demo COTI store here: https://medium.com/cotinetwork/announcing-the-first-release-of-the-coti-payment-gateway-4a9f3e515b86
Cardano Foundation and COTI to offer an ada payment processing solution for merchants
On October 24, Cardano Foundation and COTI have announced the adaPay processing solution for merchants. A month after, the adaPay solution went live as you can read in the official announcement published by Cardano Foundation, here.
The adaPay solution, powered by COTI allows payments to be received by merchants in ada, easily and directly via their website.
Read the full article here: https://medium.com/cotinetwork/adapay-solution-is-now-live-13b5ca506f37
Technical whitepaper: https://coti.io/files/COTI-technical-whitepaper.pdf