How to open and set up your MainNet wallet
We are pleased to announce the release of the private version of the COTI Trustchain MainNet! We invite all of COTI’s future coin holders to open a MainNet wallet as part of the coin distribution process, before 1 June 2019.
This step-by-step guide will instruct on how to open your COTI wallet
*Disclaimer: you need to complete the full wallet opening process, including sending us your wallet address before June 1, 2019.
Step 1: open a CPS (COTI Payment System) account
To access COTI’s Trustchain MainNet wallet, or any other current and future COTI products, you will first need to open a CPS (COTI Payment System) account, the getaway to the COTI network.
*This is a one-time step, so if you already opened a CPS account during the AlphaNet or TestNet, then feel free to skip over to the instructions on how to open a MainNet wallet.
- Click here and sign up
2. Verify your email and fill in your details
3. Verify your account. Click here for our full verification guide.
The team will review your documents and contact you via email once your account is verified.
Once your account is verified, you can log in to your CPS account to set up your Trustchain MainNet wallet.
Step 2: open your Trustchain MainNet wallet
- Log in to your CPS account. You will see the gateway window, click on Trustchain.
2. Click on ‘Generate a seed’. Make sure that MainNet is selected. The seed is the unique identifier for your wallet, i.e. the username for logging into your wallet.
3. Choose your own private key and store it securely. It’s extremely important to keep it safe because you’ll need it to restore your seed in case you forget it (If you lose your secret key, there is no way to restore it and your funds will be lost).
- Make sure to select ‘MainNet’ and insert your private key.
You can only generate one new seed once per account. Although the system will allow you to generate a second seed, you won’t be able to connect to your wallet with it.
4. Copy and save your seed, Click ‘Go to wallet’ to get back to your Trustchain MainNet wallet.
5. Log in to your wallet by selecting MainNet, inserting your seed, and choosing a node to connect to.
*If it’s your first time connecting, you will be redirected to the CPS (COTI Payment System) to match your seed with the Trust Score Node and to receive your Trust Score:
Congratulations, you have successfully opened a COTI MainNet wallet!
Step 3: How to receive your COTI coins
- In your wallet overview, click on ‘generate new address’
2. Send an email to email@example.com with your wallet address
*Double check your wallet address before sending it to us
**Make sure to use the same email address you initially registered with
- The coin distribution process will take 8–10 weeks for the purpose of collecting beta tester and early stage merchant reviews and bug reports. Read the full schedule here.
- Do not share your seed or private key with anyone under any circumstance. Your seed and private key are similar to your bank account password.
- Do not share your personal details on any media channel.
- Make sure to only provide your wallet address to the official COTI email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.