[8.1] Coworking cities: New York, Part 1, Manhattan.
Let’s start the year with some Grand coworking adventures, welcome to New York 🗽!
We spent 45 days exploring the city, from south to north, west to east. From Brooklyn to Manhattan, From Queens to Harlem. Our journey has been exciting, inspiring and most importantly collaborative!
There is so much to say, but so little space to write it! In order not to miss anything, we have divided our latest Coworking City story into chapters that will come right into your mailbox. Let’s start with chapter one, MANHATTAN!
MANHATTAN COWORKING CITY GUIDE
Before we start our walk through Manhattan, did you know that:
- Coworking in Manhattan started in 1999 with 42 West 24, which still exists today.
- There are over 105 coworking space in Manhattan alone today.
- On average, a coworking desk costs $500 / month.
Are you ready? Time for a little walk…🚶
Read our special coworking guide about Manhattan by clicking on the button below.
THE COWORKING PEOPLE OF MANHATTAN
Every month, we sit down with inspiring individuals who are part of the coworking movement. While in Manhattan, we had the pleasure to meet 2 amazing coworking people, check their interviews by clicking on the button below!
- James Leavy, Director at New York International and coworker at Rise, sharing his insights on how to use a coworking space to network.
- Shlomo Silber, Founder of Bond Collective, with whom we discussed about his coworking spaces, the vision behind them and how they have used interior design to facilitate community building.
NYC COWORKING NEWS
One thing that definitely amazed us was the over-presence of coworking in the daily news. We selected some interesting ones for you:
- At the end of the last year, Meetup.com got acquired by WeWork? Do you want to share your opinion on it? Join the other coworking spaces in expressing your opinion about it by Taking our survey here.
- The Wing, the coworking space for women recently openedtheir stunning new location in Soho while also receiving investment from WeWork.
- Coworking to a higher consciousness just arrived in New York! Welcome to The Assemblage, a crowdfunded coworking space where you can meditate between meetings.
- Wework announced WeGrow, a grade school inside its offices.
- Bond Collective raises $50 million to expand co-working beyond New York
🎉 COWORKIES HAPPY NEW YEAR SURPRISE! 🎉
Coworkies listened to your wishes. As you keep on spreading cool coworking vibes, we brought you a little New Year present, thank you for your continuous feedback!
Stay tuned for our second chapter all about Brooklyn coming soon!
Little guess, before we go 🙊
Do you know why did we choose this yellow color in the newsletter?
If you liked the newsletter or if you have more coworking facts and news about New York to share, hit the reply button and send us some good vibes 🏄
Did you enjoy reading our city story?
Clap and comment to share some love!
👏 👏 👏 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
📨 Subscribe to our once a month newsletter to follow our startup project and meet the awesome people we encounter along the way in the coworking spaces of the world.What’s your story? Tell us on Twitter @COWORKIES.