With your help, we’ll be evaluating the privacy and security of connected products and services, conducting original investigations, and shaping public policy on key issues like the concentration of power in big tech companies. We’re funded in part by a $6 million initial investment from Craig Newmark Philanthropies.
See below for the roles we’re currently looking to fill. I’ll be updating this post as new listings go up.
- Resident Hacker (NYC or SF preferred, remote OK)
- Digital Standard Manager (NYC or SF preferred, remote OK)
- Information Security Researcher (NYC or SF preferred, remote OK)
- Program Manager, Privacy and Security Testing (NYC)
- Privacy Testing Project Leader (NYC)
Policy and communications jobs
- Senior Researcher, Digital Competition (DC, NYC, or SF preferred)
- Associate Director, Strategic Communications — Technology and Privacy (DC, NYC, or SF preferred)
If you’re interested in joining the Digital Lab and CR but not sure which role would be right for you, please get in touch!
Why work at CR? For over 80 years, people have trusted CR to advocate for their interests and conduct rigorous product testing. We’ve passed key legislation, enacted regulations, and held corporations to account. Through our top-10 magazine, large digital presence, and millions of community members, we fight for a safe, fair, and transparent market for everyone.
At a time when tech companies have unprecedented power over our lives, consumer organizations like CR are more important than ever.
You will join a team working to hold tech to higher standards. In the last few years, we’ve uncovered algorithmic racial bias in car insurance premiums, exposed inconsistencies in Facebook’s facial recognition settings, identified security flaws in smart TVs and mobile payment apps, and secured landmark digital privacy laws in California and elsewhere.
You will help us accelerate the kind of work we’re doing today, and also innovate how we use technology to achieve our mission in the future.