YouTube Trends: Terrible Makeup
The How I Did My Makeup in High School Challenge
Every few weeks you have a new trend that takes over the YouTube world and inspires the creation of entertaining new content. These past few weeks have been all about Beauty (and other) YouTubers and their makeup look from when they were in high school. Here are a few of our own personal favorites to this very entertaining challenge!
- Jenna Marbles : As always Jenna Marbles knows how to bring humor to her videos and makes this her own, hilarious personal makeup evolution.
2. NikkieTutorials : Being the beauty expert that she is, it’s quite encouraging to see that even pros like Nikkie, have memories of not so successful looks.
3. Romy Felicia: Romy teaches us the importance of using colors that match your shade, and that looking tanned has a range all the way up to a gorgeous Oompa Loompa.
4. Jeffree Star: Jeffree knows his makeup and is all about looking fierce, but his high school makeup challenge teaches us that even the fiercest of people have not so fierce looks sometimes.
5. EleventhGorgeous : This video just makes us feel as if we’re reminiscing with our sisters about how great the nineties were, while having Sweet Valley High on the background playing. And those hair clips!
What do you think of this challenge? Any awesome videos we didn’t mention? Let us know in the comment section!
About the Author:
Batja Huisman is the Marketing Manager at Crave, a platform that builds dedicated mobile apps for Digital Creators and Influencers. Originally from Amsterdam but currently living in the startup city of Tel Aviv, where she combines her love for languages, people and good food with her passion for new technological trends. You can find Batja on Linkedin.