Sociocracy 3.0 — New Training in Munich in April 2018
Last year in October we hosted a Sociocracy 3.0. Training in our office with James Priest and Liliana David. Due to interest and demand we have invited them again to Munich from April 9–11 2018. Please spread the word!
The fast changing environment in most industries makes more and more organizations realize that their current hierarchical structure and their way of making decisions are impeding their ability to adapt fast enough.
Therefore more and more organizations search for new tools and methods for increasing effectiveness and organizational agility.
Creating self-organized systems is one promising answer to allow companies to become more agile. This includes the new paradigm is self-organized, semi-autonomous teams, energized by a personal sense of calling to serve effectively their collective purpose.
At the same time it’s becoming clear that each organization’s context is unique and that prescriptive, “one size fits all” solutions can cause more harm than good.
Sociocracy 3.0 is a system of principles and flexible patterns facilitating conscious collaboration for happier, more effective organizations.
It combines elements from systems like traditional Sociocracy, Holacracy as well as agile and lean approaches.
It helps to
- maintain engagement and raising self-accountability
- transform potential conflicts into creative opportunities to grow
- tap collective intelligence to continuously improve and innovate
- ensure effective decision making, engaging and productive meetings
- develop effective ways to organize and coordinate work
- decentralize decision making and influence
- adapt to changing environments, contexts and needs
- maintain alignment and scaling without losing soul
Creating agile organizations
- Those interested in new trends in organizational development like Responsive.org, Reinventing Organizations /Teal, Holacracy etc.
- Leaders and managers
- Organizational change agents, consultants and HR.
- Agile coaches, Project Managers and Scrum Masters.
- Anyone interested in exploring ways of improving self-organization and distributed/ decentralized leadership
- Discover what Sociocracy 3.0 is and how its various patterns provide a menu of options for organisations wishing to build resilience, adaptability and effectiveness.
- Learn about the S3 practical guide and find out how its patterns and principles free potential and support system wide improvements.
- Understand the principle of consent, appreciate its effectiveness as an alternative to consensus in decision making and learn skills in its application
- Develop skills you can apply within your groups, organisations and relationships.
- Discover methods to facilitate collaborative processes, draw on the collective intelligence of groups, and guarantee the potential for equivalence in decision making.
- Develop a “solutions focused” attitude and explore the creative opportunities lying buried at the heart of seemingly challenging situations.
This course will offer you an intensive introduction to Sociocracy 3.0. This means you will gain a general understanding of what S3 is, familiarize yourself with most of the patterns and have the opportunity to experience some in practice. By completion of the course you will be able to apply some of what you have been learning into practice in your organizations and/or with your customers and clients.
Our journey together will focus mainly on an exploration of S3 principles and practices, consisting of a balanced programme with a combination of theory, demonstration, practice and reflection.
is focused on covering the basic concepts of S3 to build a common language and also on patterns for making and evolving agreements in a team and or between stakeholders.
continues with demonstration, practice and reflection on patterns for decision making and peer review. In the afternoon we’ll start an organization together using Driver Mapping and pull in various patterns that support navigating complexity in a newly formed organization.
we explore different ways to structure the organization to support the flow of information and influence. We’ll learn about choosing organizational values and finally reflect on the topic of bringing in S3 patterns and principles in a variety of organizational contexts.
Training dates and location:
- April 09–11 2018 (9:00–17:30 hrs)
- creaffective office, Munich, Germany
- For business representatives, consultants and freelancers: 1500 Euros plus German VAT.
- For non-profit organizations and private persons: 1200 Euros plus German VAT
Includes all material, as well as food and beverages during training times.
If you wish to participate in this course and the fee is beyond your means or the value you place on it, please contact us to explore how your attendance may still be possible. We wish to ensure that cost is no barrier to attending Sociocracy 3.0 courses.
If you are interested in joining this course, you can download the registration form here.
For any questions, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Training language is English