Are you fascinated with murder and mayhem? Do you study cases and wonder where the human psyche went so wrong? Do you enjoy history and pouring through cold cases? Do you love crime stories as much as we do?
If you have answered yes to any of these or are vaguely interested, then click follow. If you would like to take your interest further, then request to write for us.
What is CrimeBeat
Crimebeat is a place to share stories on true crime, whether historical or recent. If you are interested in any crime-related topics, we would like to read your article from Jack the Ripper to the robbery at the corner shop. If it is crime-related, then we would love to add your article to our publication. We will advertise your articles on a variety of sources.
We want to offer new writers the opportunity to grow and develop their skills. For this reason, we have introduced an editing service. For just $5 a month, you get the chance to work with me or Edward Anderson on your articles.
We will help you develop your voice, research your articles and accredit everything, including images. With our support, you can produce articles that will be distributed on Medium and reach a three-figure salary or more. We will work with you until your article is publication-ready and do not reject posts for those on this service.
You can subscribe to this service by clicking on the editing services link on the Crimebeat page.
Due to the huge volume of articles we receive and the personal writing we undertake, we cannot give feedback to writers who do not subscribe.
Submission Criteria / Publishing Checklist
- Please ensure you have a title and sub-title on the article—these need to be in the correct format.
- Please do not add trigger warnings to your articles.
- Posts must be over 3 minutes of reading time.
- Quotes must be kept to a minimum, and sources cited.
- All posts must be in draft form and have been run through Grammarly to alleviate mistakes.
- Would you please ensure all posts adhere to the curation guidelines from Medium?
- The articles must include a picture. Sources must be cited in the pictures. The image should sit just below the sub-title. Pictures should be copyright-free, or we will reject the post.
- Please link your research in your article via a hyperlink in the article.
- Please keep your CTA to a minimum and advertise articles only from our publication, not others.
- We reserve the right to reject articles that have been covered before but will inform you if this is the case.
Please ensure you have read the articles below and use the formatting. Failure to adhere to these or our publishing checklist will result in your article being rejected without comment.
How to Format an Article Correctly
Many people have different styles, but there is a minimal level of formatting that is essential.
The Easy Method to Obtain Free to Use Images
Ensuring the images you use are copyright free
How to write for CrimeBeat.
If you agree to the submission guidelines, then please send a draft article to firstname.lastname@example.org