Crust 2022 recap!
Happy new year, Crust community! This is the fourth year of the development of Crust, the second year of the launch of Crust mainnet! In the bear market of 2022, there have been many shocking changes and big events in the industry, but Crust has always maintained its original intention, continued to optimize products, expand the ecosystem and promote decentralized storage.
In this article, we’ll briefly review the important progress and achievements of Crust in 2022, and look forward to the direction we will develop in 2023. For a more detailed review, please refer to the article on the first anniversary of the mainnet launch:
1st Anniversary of Crust Mainnet Launch
September 1, 2022 (EST time), the first anniversary of the Crust mainnet launch! In the past year, we have got many…
1.Statistic for Crust Mainnet
Until now, there are 1,281 Crust mainnet storage nodes all over the world. The total storage capacity is 13.296 PB. The total number of stored files in the whole network is 1,666,987, and it shows a continuous growth trend. There are an average of 33 copies of each file stored in the crust. Data Sources:https://crust.subscan.io/storage
2. Highlights of the 2022
Crust is a decentralized storage protocol using Substrate framework, but not limited to providing decentralized storage tools for builders from different ecosystems. We won both the Polkadot and Kusama parachain slots, and Crust developers keep BUIDLing for wider ecosystems…
Through the unremitting efforts of Crust developers, we got in touch with the top developer community and provided decentralized storage for their developers. At present, Crust has been included in the official website wiki of 4 public chains, they are Ethereum , Polkadot, Polygon, and Shardeum.
3. Crust Technology Development
1. Protocol layer: Crust completed the optimization of DSM 3.0 in April this year, including seamless upgrade and data migration. The optimized on-chain storage market has greatly improved the performance of order acceptance and processing. Currently, Crust on-chain Orders have exceeded 1 million;
2. Protocol layer: Crust completed the full democratization in October this year, successfully started the on-chain governance, and passed a series of important proposals in the following time. It completed the full democratization of the community after the launch of the mainnet.
3. Protocol layer: Crust expanded a variety of new hardware for storage providers, and provides a new decentralized network access solution to solve the problem of TEE centralized authentication.
4. Polkadot ecology: The XCMP-based xStorage cross-chain storage module was launched on the Kusama parachain Crust Shadow, providing decentralized storage functions for 8 parachains in the ecosystem including Moonbeam, Astar, and Acala…
5. Polkadot ecology: We launched ‘Substrate files’, providing e2e decentralized file storage and website hosting functions for all 151 substrate-based projects
6. Web3 ecology: Optimized the Crust General Cross-chain storage solution, formed a cross-chain storage solution with “Contract-Gateway-Pinning Service” as the core triangle, and provide decentralized storage services for 10 public chain ecologies including Ethereum, Polygon, Aptos, and Near…
4. Crust community development
In the 2022, Crust updates an average of 56 tweets per month. The monthly average impression reached 263k. Even in a tough bear market, Crust Twitter has grown followers this year.
Throughout the year, we hold monthly community calls live on YouTube to share progress and hear from the community.
Crust ambassadors hold offline events around the world to promote Crust storage to developers and seek high-quality business cooperation…
We also actively participated in great conferences, set up our own booth, communicated and learned with excellent developers and projects from all over the world.
In addition, we continue to actively participate in online activities, including online hackathons, Twitter spaces, interviews, and panel talks. We are also continuing to work with industry partners to plan marketing activities that bring benefits to the community.
5. Building crust ecosystem
Crust Shadow, as a Kusama parachain, has been online for more than a year. We continue to open XCM channels and develop cooperation with other parachains, such as listing CSM on other parachain DEXes, using other parachain stablecoins to place orders under the Crust shadow network, and so on.
In addition to technical cooperation, we also carried out many marketing activities with our partners, including user education articles, explaining community members how to benefit from cooperation, as well as generous airdrop activities, joint Twitter space and so on.
The picture below shows the partnerships that Crust has reached in the industry so far. For detailed articles about crust ecosystem partners, please refer to:
Crust Network: One Year of Growth and Partnerships
Just one year ago on September 1st, 2021, the Crust mainnet launched. In the past year, we have achieved many…
6. Look into 2023….
- The devteam will work on optimizing the proof of work of the crust storage node, and try to use ZK technology to complete a more decentralized and transparent proof
- Crust, as a polkadot parachain, will continue to explore more cooperation possibilities with other parachains in 2023, and keep up with Polkadot’s technical upgrades and optimizations
- Expand of Crust cross-chain storage to more ecology
- In the new year, we will still keep up with current events and promote Crust storage to a wider range of projects and developers
- Continue to expand new storage-related functions/applications, whether with existing partners or new partners
- Optimize developer education, plan relevant tutorials, videos and other materials, and cooperate with more developers in the ecosystem
- Open community program
- Community rewards program
- Exclusive marketing campaigns with partners
- Active offline meet-ups