Crust Network collaborates with Web3Auth to provide decentralized storage solutions for all Web2 users and builders
We are pleased to announce that Crust Network partners with Web3Auth, the Web3 Key Infrastructure simplified for everyone, to provide IPFS-based decentralized storage solutions for all Web2 users and builders.
Web3Auth is a pluggable auth infrastructure for Web3 wallets and applications. It streamlines the onboarding of both mainstream and crypto native users under a minute by providing experiences that they’re most comfortable with. With support for all social logins, web & mobile native platforms, wallets and other key management methods, Web3Auth results in a standard cryptographic key provider specific to the user and application.
Through this collaboration, Web3Auth brings Web2.0 users the first Web3 dropbox powered by Crust Network, providing a fully decentralized end-to-end encrypted storage experience! All the users and developers can enjoy more than 800,000 TB decentralized storage capacity via Crust Network provided by more than 2,000 individual nodes.
Now, everyone can use their favorite social platform to log in to Crust Files and experience decentralized storage for free!
What does Crust Network bring to the end user?
Crust Network fundamentally provides a package of comprehensive decentralized storage solutions for both Web3.0 and Web2.0 users.
Files — a lightweight and open-source Web3.0 application that provides decentralized storage space for storage users. With crypto wallet sign-in and just a few clicks, you can have your files or folders uploaded and pinned to IPFS (for guaranteed IPFS storage) and get dozens of replicas with Crust’s decentralized storage network.
- Multi-wallet access, now supports WebAuth channels to login
- End-to-end file encryption
- Easily share links to friends (optional: pay to download)
- Long-term storage with abundant IPFS replicas
- Retrieve your files anywhere, anytime
- Open-source and easy to integrate!
Pins — a simple Web3.0 application that decentralizes pins for any given CID (IPFS Content ID) for immutable and guaranteed long-term storage. With Crust Network’s pinning service Arbitrum users and developers can now realize many critical web3 use cases such as permanently pinning NFT related metadata to a decentralized, censorship resistant and trustless network.Other potential use cases include hosting of dApps and webpages, SocialFi content, Metaverse assets, Gamify data and any kind of general file storage scenario.
- Guaranteed web3 style storage (decentralized, immutable, full ownership)
- Suitable for on-demand and permanent storage
- Multiple file replicas guaranteed by protocol
- 100% native to IPFS framework
- Free bandwidth for uploads and retrievals
- All orders executed and recorded on-chain
IPFS Scan — provides users with information regarding the content status on IPFS. IPFS scan provides detailed information for CIDs such as the number of replications throughout the network, the account addresses of nodes storing the data or the period of time for which the storage is guaranteed for.
Files, Pins and IPFS Scan all together make a rather complete portfolio for any end users and developers in the Web3.0 world to enjoy easy integration of decentralized storage. In the near future, Files,
Developer Toolkits — helps fast and simple integration of decentralized storage capability into Web3.0 applications and ecosystems.
- Crust GitHub Actions: with Crust’s GitHub workflow users can publish (by IPFS Upload Action), pin or host (by Crust Pin Action) DApps and Websites to IPFS through Crust’s IPFS Gateways and Pinning Services.
- Crust Pin Node Package: allows NodeJS users to store files with Crust.
- IPFS W3Auth Gateway: a lightweight Web3-based authentication service based-on IPFS gateway and reverse proxy.
- IPFS W3Auth Pinning Service: a lightweight Web3-based authentication service based-on IPFS remote pinning service and Crust Network.
About Crust Network
Crust Network is essentially an IPFS incentive layer protocol and a substrate-based blockchain that builds a decentralized storage network of Web3.0 ecosystem. Funded by DCF (Decentralized Cloud Foundation), It is designed to build a decentralized cloud ecosystem that values data privacy and ownership.
Web3Auth is the simplest, non-custodial auth MPC infrastructure enabling seamless logins for Web3 applications and wallets. By aggregating OAuth (Google, Twitter, Discord) logins, various wallets and innovative Multi Party Computation (MPC) — Web3Auth provides a seamless login experience to every user on your application.
Since its rebrand, Web3Auth supports Web3 wallets and applications like Binance Extension, Kepler, Kukai, Skyweaver, Kash, Rarible and MyCryptoHeroes. The organisation closed $13 million Series A in January 2022 led by Sequoia Capital India, and is also backed by Union Square Ventures, Multicoin Capital, FTX, Bitcoin.com, DARMA Capital, Terabyte, Hash, KOSMOS Capital and more. For more information, please visit https://web3auth.io/.