Crust Community Activities
Maxwell Preview Network Weekly Report
Crust Decentralized Storage Market was officially opened on February 28th, 2021 (GMT+8). There are 3,015 nodes in the entire network, with a total storage capacity of 638 PB as of May 5th. The network is currently in a state of lack of tokens.
From the evening of May 5th, Crust Maxwell Preview Network has reduced CRU rewards for guarantors and staking, and the daily output of the Preview Network is now 1500 CRU.
Crust Reached Cooperation with BitWell
On May 24, the derivatives trading platform BitWell announced that BitWell has reached cooperation with three leading Polkadot projects, Crust Network (CRU), Phala Network (PHA), and Darwinia Network (RING) to support the Polkadot community ecosystem.
BitWell will launch the Polkadot ecosystem zone in the near future, and CRU, PHA, and RING will be the first batches of tokens listed on BitWell.
Polkadot Decoded 2021
Crust Network recently presented at the Stage 3 of Polkadot Decoded on May 20th, 2021 with the topic of “Decentralized Storage on Web3”.
Check out the presentation on Decentralized Storage on Web3: https://youtu.be/kGyGlmF4Kz8
Crust Plans to Cooperate with Zenlink
Zenlink will provide support for all parachain projects that are listed on Zenlink SlotVault. All users who stake KSM/DOT through Zenlink SlotVault to vote for the online parachain auction slots will receive ZLK (Zenlink native token) as additional incentives. So far, the projects that have expressed their intention to cooperate include: Plasm, Bifrost, ChainX, Crust, Phala, Darwinia, Litentry, Clover, etc.
Crust Network Meme Competition
Crust Network is excited to launch our first meme competition! For the best Crust meme-r’s, we’ll have a prize pool of $700 USD of CRU and 20,000 Crust Candy!
For details: Crust Network Meme Competition
Crust Network Grants Project Socbay
Socbay, the Crust Network Grants project was officially launched on April 8, 2021. Users can now use the Socbay.io upload video page to directly upload videos to Crust Network.
For tutorial of Socbay.io, please refer to https://socbayio.medium.com/socbay-io-project-development-report-76fb4ea41cca
On May 27th, Crust was invited to participate in the BitWell AMA to discuss the Kusama parachain slot auction!
Crust Joins the PCIC
Crust joined the PCIC(Privacy Computing in China). The addition of new members will help PCIC become a more credible, more open, and more tolerant autonomous organization in the field of privacy computing. Bringing together the resources and strength of the industry will help the application of the privacy computing track.
Crust Network Parallel Network Crust Shadow successfully completed the registration in the Kusama Parachain, ID is 2012. As the native token of the Shadow network, CSM has multiple functions. Crust launched the Shadow Lightpaper, explaining the Shadow network and CSM in detail.
Crust Network x KaKa
Crust Network and KaKa announced a partnership together to provide a decentralized storage solution for NFT data on Kaka‘s gaming platform.
Crust Network x Manta Network
Crust Network and Manta Network officially announces its partnership to build a layer of privacy for Crust’s decentralized storage Network.
Crust will summarize the projects in Crust Grants from time to time to show the development of Grants to the community.
Crust Project Development
Chain Work Overview
1. Upgrade Maxwell on-chain version to 24, including:
a. Support multi version of sWorker code
b. Maxwell to 3.0.0
c. Support CSM assets, CSM lockup and CSM claim
d. Support rebond transaction
2. Optimize the design of free storage space to enhance security
3. Adapt to the Kusama parachain consensus module code, successfully produce blocks in rococo-local and kusama-local, and start to connect to Westend to complete the final technical docking of Kusama parachain
4. Finish the design and implementation of the claim on the CSM chain
sWorker Work Overview
1. Optimize logic of hard disk selection
2. Fixed coredump when restoring file information in large capacity
3. Add file information display in pending status
4. Leverage set acceleration file to display information
5. Fix the program exit caused by thread conflict during the upgrading
Crust Bridge Work Overview
1. Finish Maxwell CSM’s bridge solution
2. Re-build the Bridge code structure, divide into CRU/CSM Claim and Claim Back under Maxwell and CRU18 Claim
3. Design the real-time Claim Back scheme of CRU/CSM, and conduct safety and feasibility studies
Apps Work Overview
1. Add CSM asset display and rearranged Maxwell’s account page
2. Add CSM Claim to support bridging ERC 20CSM and Maxwell CSM
Crust Wallet Work Overview
1. Fix the integration problem with Apps Portal
2. Add CSM assets (display balance and transfer)
Node Work Overview
1. Through the external source chain configuration, implement topology structure of the chain node serving multiple member
2. Limit the docker log to 500MB to avoid the waste of space
3. Provide the start-up file of the watch node
1. Assist the Sushiswap Canary version to develop a decentralized storage solution
2. Study MakerDao decentralized storage scheme, participate in community discussion
The Free Storage plan is an incentive activity held by Crust Grants for educational developers and community developers on the chain end. This activity aims to promote the use of Crust storage services and promote the Crust protocol stack On-Chain DSM (Decentralized Storage Market), and decentralized storage applications
1. Upgrade on Rocky
2. Finish the back-end and process design of Promo Code
3. Confirm the design of activity page
Build object encryption and sharing layer on top of IPFS and Crust using cryptography
1. Finish the coordination design of smart contract
2. Finish the design of encryptionSchema
3. Finish the mechanism design of file integrity Hash
4. Add a new Proof-of-agreement mechanism to the original plan of the project. Leverage the same length of the Sealing Key and ordinary key to implement the protocol of
contract traceable identity that publicly verifiable Zero-Knowledge Proof to be shared to one party, which can serve for decentralized contract signing.
5. Based on the original plan of the project, a new set of decentralized contract signing schemes with high privacy controllability, high public verification, and high security were newly designed.
Decentralized Pin Service
1. Finish the development of Pinning API
2. Finish 80% of the development of the front-end
3. Finish the development of Wiki and deployment in IPFS: https://wiki.decoo.io