By Erica Van
At CRV, we feel extremely lucky to meet with companies of different shapes, sizes and flavors every day. At some point in the conversation, in between the initial sips of coffee and probably complaints about traffic, the question, “So where is your team located” always comes up.
Surprisingly, that answer continues to change and never ceases to surprise me:
- “We’re located in the Valley, but part of our engineering team is based in India.”
- “The core team sits in Boston, but the technical team sits in Poland.”
- “We’re based in New York, but our sales team is being built in Utah.”
The list goes on.
The future of work and collaboration tools have long been an area of interest for us as a firm. Hence our excitement in announcing our next investment in this arena: our seed investment in Parabol.
Parabol is transforming the way distributed teams work together. Parabol is a mobile-ready SaaS application, which developer teams use to conduct retrospectives, check-ins and eventually many other meeting types. Parabol is currently used in 500+ organizations today. The diversity of users across a variety of industries and geographies made the problem Parabol was looking to solve a very interesting one.
Other trends that Parabol addresses include:
- Demand for flexible collaboration tools in the workplace
- Organizations looking to implement remote work policies for their employees
- Rising shortage of local engineering talent
- Tight labor markets inflating compensation in select geographies, forcing organizations to build elsewhere
Perhaps just as impressive as Parabol’s mission and work to date is the company’s CEO, Jordan Husney. When Izhar and I first met Jordan, we were impressed with his commitment to product-led growth, and moved by his passion to better the future of work.
We’re excited to lead this round and continue to partner with Parabol on their journey for making work — work anywhere.