Call For Submissions: Stress-Free Creativity
How are you finding freedom and solace in writing or creating?
As I write this, I wonder if stress-free creativity is an oxymoron? Is it possible to create without any stress at all?
I think so. We all started writing or painting or designing because it intrigued us. We found it interesting and then eventually fell in love with the craft. Sometimes that love can get muddled, but that’s what we’re here to talk about.
What does stress-free creativity look like to you? Are you creating something that only you see? How do you remove the pressure that often comes with creating for public consumption?
Even if creating is our full-time job, we should designate at least a portion of our creating to a safe space. Somewhere where the stress to deliver is minimal. Is this something you do right now? Let us know.
Same rules as always:
- **NEW RULE: you can submit to this or ANY of our past writing prompts. Just scroll through our previous newsletters. They’ll be marked “Call for Submissions.”
- If you’re already a writer for CRY, go ahead and submit.
- If you’re not a writer for CRY but would like to submit to this request, let us know and we’ll add you ASAP.
- Be as creative as you want in your submissions. As long as you stick to the topic, we’ll consider it.
- Just because you submit doesn’t mean we’ll post. If you haven’t heard back from us in three days, consider that a pass.
Please reach out if you have any questions at all. If you are new to Medium, here’s how you submit a draft to a publication.